Worms in poop?

So, where are you located in this world?
Some very good dewormers as for instance Flubenol 5% might not be available in your country.
I'm from Montenegro, Eastern Europe. I'll visit a vet ambulance tomorrow day and see what they have. This is a real bummer 🤢

I'm from Montenegro, Eastern Europe. I'll visit a vet ambulance tomorrow day and see what they have. This is a real bummer 🤢
Just call in advance, dewormers containing Pratziquantel work also.

Chicken contract tapeworms by eating slugs or insects that are infested and serve as alternate host. Although disgusting, it is quite normal too.

You will have to deworm all of your poultry.

Just call in advance, dewormers containing Pratziquantel work also.

Chicken contract tapeworms by eating slugs or insects that are infested and serve as alternate host. Although disgusting, it is quite normal too.

You will have to deworm all of your poultry.
I understand, thank you! I'll know more tomorrow day, I've read few articles. It's hard to get rid off of them right? I mean, are they really persistent? What are the chances of my hens getting rid off of them?

I understand, thank you! I'll know more tomorrow day, I've read few articles. It's hard to get rid off of them right? I mean, are they really persistent? What are the chances of my hens getting rid off of them?
If you deworm them regularly and switch the runs twice a year etc. and try to keep them dry, so not to invite slugs, you might get rid of them for quite some time.
You could also collect the poop for some time in the evenings, so not to leave the tapeworms segments to infest the whole run.

But they might be able to contract it again just by eating ants or any other insect that might be infested. No guarantees, it is just the risk we all have to live with when letting our poultry forage outside.

But it is important to treat the chickens as soon as you notice the segments in their poop, because leaving the issue untreated, they will starve the chickens slowly by abstracting their vitamins and other nutrients from the feed.

Back
Top Bottom