Worms in poop?

PViolet

In the Brooder
Feb 14, 2021
I just went to feed my hens and I noticed wiggly white things in poop... I suppose those are worms? They are 9 months old and I didn't deworm them. What should I do? Are eggs safe to eat? Are these a threat to human? Ughh... :heany advice would be appreciated!
Photos below

Attachments

• 20210223_141310.jpg
    20210223_141310.jpg
    484.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 20210223_141328.jpg
    20210223_141328.jpg
    615.4 KB · Views: 23
Those look like maggots. maggots are nothing to worry about.
I'm new to all this so still learning... I have never hit the 'worms chapter' lol... Are you sure? The first photo was taken just when 1 hen pooped while I was there, I had to check her poop too and it had those in it as you can see... 🤔

What should I treat them with? Also, do they come back after a treatment or gone for good?
It is difficult to get rid of tapeworms and it needs persistence and a good dewormer.

If possible, switching between different runs can help to avoid immediate reinfestation.

It is difficult to get rid of tapeworms and it needs persistence and a good dewormer.

If possible, switching between different runs can help to avoid immediate reinfestation.
I see... what about the eggs? Safe to eat? And thank you

So, where are you located in this world?
Some very good dewormers as for instance Flubenol 5% might not be available in your country.

Back
Top Bottom