Worms to Respiratory Issues

Ok, so you think I should leave them as they are with no diet or temperature changes?

That does seem prudent, as change is difficult!

I wish the weather was more steady, as it has changed so radically! Green grass was showing through, and now drenched in snow,...everything in between! A swing of 30 or so degrees easily in 24 hours or less, more often than not! Ugh!

I am hoping the ls50 is the answer, ...the vet is sweet and old school. It seems others use the Tylynn, but he didn't have that and I didn't want to wait 48 hours to get them started on getting better.

I still picked up 20-24 eggs the last 3 days -each day, so thinking they are feeling pretty good? Not eating them, since treating them with the LS50,
1f61d.png
1f61f.png
1f61e.png

I will likely give them some cantaloupe rinds, so they have something to pick on later, as they usually are outdoors everyday!

The hens with the dark feathers, have some loss of feathers there and have treated for lice and mites with the poultry dust, with blu-kote, and Nustock-and may try some Vicks on them, so they don't get pecked. I have been changing and freshening there straw bedding several times each week,...moisture is a battle!

I also have sprayed their wings with some of the VetRX each night...

Thank you, anything else you or others think of...let me know -will check on them and the rest of all here, and update as well.

Ok, so you think I should leave them as they are with no diet or temperature changes?

That does seem prudent, as change is difficult!

I wish the weather was more steady, as it has changed so radically! Green grass was showing through, and now drenched in snow,...everything in between! A swing of 30 or so degrees easily in 24 hours or less, more often than not! Ugh!

I am hoping the ls50 is the answer, ...the vet is sweet and old school. It seems others use the Tylynn, but he didn't have that and I didn't want to wait 48 hours to get them started on getting better.

I still picked up 20-24 eggs the last 3 days -each day, so thinking they are feeling pretty good? Not eating them, since treating them with the LS50,
1f61d.png
1f61f.png
1f61e.png

I will likely give them some cantaloupe rinds, so they have something to pick on later, as they usually are outdoors everyday!

The hens with the dark feathers, have some loss of feathers there and have treated for lice and mites with the poultry dust, with blu-kote, and Nustock-and may try some Vicks on them, so they don't get pecked. I have been changing and freshening there straw bedding several times each week,...moisture is a battle!

I also have sprayed their wings with some of the VetRX each night...

Thank you, anything else you or others think of...let me know -will check on them and the rest of all here, and update as well.

If the LS50 doesn't work you could try Tylan, or maybe Denagard. If neither of those work, you could try Baytril, but it's banned for use in poultry, so you would have to really think about that and talk it over with your vet.

Not sure if the vet had Tylan as I asked for that. They still have it, but it's not getting worse anyhow-not sure if they are any better yet. But all seem to be eating and drinking.

They said use it for 5-6 days, so it should be enough to get through the weekend in their water. They seem to drink more than I had anticipated. I mix each a gallon at a time and give new each day. So far just two days. I am hoping they seem better or improved somewhat by tomorrow evening.

Cleaned coops and put lots of straw down all over for them. They love that!

Oh and I picked up 21 eggs today! Out of 28 hens-so pretty good and consistent in the laying!

I also put Vicks on the tail region of those who had a few feathers missing, as well.

Thank you!

Sorry about the loss of the Roo in which this thread was started for. Sad, it's all part of it, but dad just the same!
1f611.png
1f927.png
. Hugs

Back
Top Bottom