Worms to Respiratory Issues

When you used it, what worms did you treat, and did you have a before and after fecal test done?

Tape worms was my biggest problem which I found out my driving 2 1/2 hours one way to have test done. When The results came in the DVM sent me a e-mail with my results and how to treat the flock---which was the reason for using it because a lot of the other wormers will not touch a tape worm. The vet said it would also get the other worms. I been using it for over 2 years----any time I see or feel I have a worm problem. Worming as many as 100 chickens at a time out of my flock that was up to 1200+ at one time. My chickens are very heathy.

I am not a vet, I know what I was told to do by a Vet and I know it straighten them out. I will have to look back at the e-mail but I think the vet said there would be some settlement but the dosage would take care of the worm problems. I even use it to treat my 2 month old chicks for their first wormer----if they look like they need worming. I am sure oral is good, but mixed in water works great.

Thank you everyone for your responses. Unfortunately my Roo passed Last night. I will retain all of this dosing info should I ever need it again although I hopefully will not. Again thank you all so much for responding

Thank you everyone for your responses. Unfortunately my Roo passed Last night. I will retain all of this dosing info should I ever need it again although I hopefully will not. Again thank you all so much for responding
So sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

We hate to loose one for sure, but it happens. Yes keep all the info---if you deal with chickens long enough I am sure it and other information will come in handy.

We have gurgling hens, a respiratory issue of sorts and the vet felt a script of ls50 in the hens water for five days should help them get better.

Anyone use ls50?

Should the gen house be warmer if they have this cold going on? It has been about 40-60 and now is in low 30's again and snowing! Will be cold for a few days -ugh!

It seems the temperature changes and humidity levels have been challenging and changing often!?!

What can be done? How much heat and for how long?

Should they be given pro bios after they finish the ls50 or now already?

We have gurgling hens, a respiratory issue of sorts and the vet felt a script of ls50 in the hens water for five days should help them get better.

Anyone use ls50?

Should the gen house be warmer if they have this cold going on? It has been about 40-60 and now is in low 30's again and snowing! Will be cold for a few days -ugh!

It seems the temperature changes and humidity levels have been challenging and changing often!?!

What can be done? How much heat and for how long?

Should they be given pro bios after they finish the ls50 or now already?

I have not used ls50. How sick are they? Are they still eating and drinking?

Yes, they are eating and drinking.

They are in two different coops, but have inter mixed.

I really have no way of keeping them apart from one another and they have mixed and shared everything!

So, not all sick, but all exposed of course.

Today, a big snowstorm, so they are not outside.

What else can I do?

Controlling humidity has been a big challenge, and now it is colder again!

Should they be kept warmer, ? I read 75! I could try and put more lights in, but not sure if I can get it that warm? Also, as the coops have insulation, there are upper holes punched for circulation along with an opening window in the newer of the twocoops. The window needs to be cracked open, to eliminate some of the moisture!

Should I give them anything besides their crumbles?

I have seen cat food suggested, yogurt, ?....

Back
Top Bottom