Worms

PaperChicken

Chirping
Feb 13, 2022
It appears as though my chickens have roundworms from the pictures I've seen. I am a little confused on how to treat the chickens with safeguard.

It appears as though my chickens have roundworms from the pictures I've seen. I am a little confused on how to treat the chickens with safeguard.
Welcome To BYC

To treat Roundworms Only - Safeguard (Fenbendazole) dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once then repeat in 10 days.

To treat other types of worms including Roundworms, but not Tapeworms - Safeguard (Fenbendazole) dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally for 5 days in a row.

Thanks for the welcome. How do you weigh your chickens? I don't really see them standing on a kitchen scale for me.

Thanks for the welcome. How do you weigh your chickens? I don't really see them standing on a kitchen scale for me.
You can weigh yourself, then weigh a chicken or two. If you have hens about the same size, then that average weight will get you close on the whole flock.

Some people do weigh hens on a kitchen scale, it depends on how agreeable they are.

Back
Top Bottom