Can I give Safeguard to very young chicks?

Oxfendazole is a Benzimidazole and is safe for chicks, the Praziquantel should be okay. Follow the directions on the package.
Since I did it wrong, what do you think the egg withdrawal will be? They had safeguard in their water for two days before removing it.

Since I did it wrong, what do you think the egg withdrawal will be? They had safeguard in their water for two days before removing it.
Personally, I wouldnt worry about it. We eat the eggs after using Safeguard or Valbazen.
I'll explain: Both Safeguard and Valbazen are Benzimidazoles, as well as Oxfendazole. Benzimidazoles are poorly absorbed into the bloodstream and mostly excreted. However, there is minute residue in the eggs.
If you suspect that you or a family member might have a reaction to the minute residue from the Fenbendazole or Oxfendazole in the eggs, toss the eggs in the garbage for 14 days after the last dosing. Don't feed the eggs back to the chickens.

However, when using the Oxfendazole in conjunction with Praziquantel, it would be best to toss the eggs in the garbage 14 days after the last dosing.
I've used Praziquantel in my birds for tapeworms and have tossed eggs in the garbage afterwards for 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom