Worried duck mom

This is the good leg I agree with you it seems pretty normal compared to the other one.. the only other thing I have noticed now is the hurt foot is shaking so bad when he stands now.. thank you for ur help I have called the vet but am not experienced with birds so I appreciate all of the help here.. it’s is a wonderful thing

Attachments

• 836965A7-F0AA-498C-83B0-4B5254F27397.png
    836965A7-F0AA-498C-83B0-4B5254F27397.png
    707.4 KB · Views: 5
That’s a good idea and since your vet has seen him several time hopefully he’ll work with you. I have a little Runner duck in dog x pen right now with probably a sprained leg she is with all her flock but can’t run so much resting is the best for leg injuries. And I am also giving her liquid b complex it helps support leg health. Please keep us updated on how he is doing and hope you see much improvement soon. :hugs

That’s a good idea and since your vet has seen him several time hopefully he’ll work with you. I have a little Runner duck in dog x pen right now with probably a sprained leg she is with all her flock but can’t run so much resting is the best for leg injuries. And I am also giving her liquid b complex it helps support leg health. Please keep us updated on how he is doing and hope you see much improvement soon. :hugs
Thank you for your kindness

I know I don't have the experience of @Miss Lydia but when I hear "shaky leg" I automatically think B-complex! I've got runners and a few of them have had the shaky leg thing at times. I'm wondering if B-complex would help in this situation? Even if it's not the niacin deficiency that mine had I still think it sure won't hurt to get him started on some. What' do y'all think?

How do I post a video on here I apologize for the lack of computer skills.. I have a video and his leg is shaking for some reason :( worried

You'll have to upload the video to YouTube and then share the link to the video here.

I'm so sorry your drake is having trouble with his leg. I too have a young Pekin Drake that has a chronic limp. My guy had a foot deformity at hatch so it's not the same but my heart goes out to you. Please know that you're in my thoughts. You're in good hands with the folks here and your vet. Wishing you the very best with getting him better

You'll have to upload the video to YouTube and then share the link to the video here.

I'm so sorry your drake is having trouble with his leg. I too have a young Pekin Drake that has a chronic limp. My guy had a foot deformity at hatch so it's not the same but my heart goes out to you. Please know that you're in my thoughts. You're in good hands with the folks here and your vet. Wishing you the very best with getting him better
Thank everyone for their kindness and helpful comments. I called the vet and he said that the last time he looked he didn’t see bumblefoot or anything on the bottom of his foot and neither did I. My duck also doesn’t have any swelling. It just seems to shake and he can’t walk really much he falls a lot..he said probably from the pain.. but I am going to try to b complex bc it couldn’t hurt so thank you for the suggestion. I advocated for a pain med anti inflammatory and he prescribed him to be given now and then.. he only takes a few steps and then has to sit down. My husband refenced in their area and covered it with chopped straw so it is soft and he doesn’t walk as much (bc he follows my female duck as much as he can) .. I’m hoping he heals up from the rest as I hate to have him being uncomfortable .. thank you everyone for your kindness it means a lot to me and warms my heart

Back
Top Bottom