I hate lav orps stupidest birds ive ever seen had two males was gonna use for breeding one disapeared no trace of anything other one drown in water... they were adults to I have a roo now and hes skiddish only plan on using him next spring then eating him
other breeds i hate.... any single combed bird I hate top hats,silkies,bantams as I find them useless also hate ayam cemanis i dont get the fascination with the black skin etc when a black silkie is the same thing and easter eggers as most are just mutts with no blue egg gene these days but people insist they can lay any color which is a lie if they lay brown they are a barnyard mutt not an ee

Going to add Sapphire Gem/Blue Plymouth Rock to the list.
My four (now 3) are the crankiest chickens I’ve ever owned. Makes culling a whole lot easier. At almost full dark, she pinned a 14 week SLW against outside run and was going for blood. Booted her off to separate (just had back surgery so it wasn’t a field goal). She flogged my leg and took off for the Wyandotte under the yard light. Ran her until she gave up, and flogged her some more. Last straw for this one. She’s on the menu for Sunday.

Polish... I thought I was in love with them until I got some. My white crested black , white crested blue and one buff laced seemed very very fragile compared with all my other chicks, my only chick deaths this year out of several dozen. The surviving buff laced is a nutjob, complete spazz machine, like she forgets who I am until I've caught her and then it's like she's finally caught on that I hand fed, reared and had her sleeping beside my bed for weeks after a rat scalped her. She's just so skittish and gets into a complete panic anytime ANYTHING happens, like run into walls panics. And the poor thing has strange feathers on her wings that are the shape of a stretched corkscrew. Personally, even though they can be very, very pretty and very very unique in the chicken world, though I'm kind of sweet on how derpy she is and the imaginary connection we made while I cared for her, I probably wouldn't invest in the breed again.
I love my polish, Muppet, but this is exactly how she is. Total spaztastic nut job. She's funny to watch, as she flits and hops around the yard but I don't know if Polish would be my first choice for more chickens tbh.

In other news.. OEGB Roosters. NEVER Again. The one I have now is a tiny little devil bird. 👿🐔

What are the worst chicken breeds you've ever owned?
It can be stories from you, family, or friends. Please share your thoughts and experiences!
This is a free space, so be free to hate, complain, and voice your opinion on your worst breed.
There isn't a lot of "Worst Breeds" Threads out there, so i decided make a new one!! :)

The chicken breed i find to be the worst is the classic White Leghorn. Their attitude, shape, and color i'm all not a fan of. I gave them a chance once, but they didn't stay long.

Struck my heart like a knife!!! The white Leghorn is my FAVORITE breed. They are so fun loving and busy and nosey!!!.They are super smart problem solvers. They come when they are called, the come to me when something is really wrong and they expect me to fix it. The loss of our Sally at 5 1/2, to an unknown illness just destroyed me. She was my bestie!! Her loss prompted a hatchery order. Two leghorns and I wanted 2 barred rocks, but they only had one. The baby pics are of them. I lost Nellie almost a year ago to cancer and I lost my precious Lilly 3 weeks ago to a jackass vet. I am presently raising 2 more awesome leghorns and 2 more barred rocks. I hope our old barred rock girl (Leia) accepts them one day.

They just don't live long enough. The White Leghorns are everything I Love in a chicken. They are super loyal and honest. Again, super smart. On the photos you can see that we not only love them, but they love us. ❤

Attachments

• 20190611_181905.jpg
    20190611_181905.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 17
  • FB_IMG_1494329453327.jpg
    FB_IMG_1494329453327.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Z9ZY42WA-48460561.jpg
    Z9ZY42WA-48460561.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 16
  • FB_IMG_1493553231904.jpg
    FB_IMG_1493553231904.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 15
  • 20140808_112841.jpg
    20140808_112841.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 15
  • FB_IMG_1495285475452.jpg
    FB_IMG_1495285475452.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9449784698292.jpeg
    IMG_9449784698292.jpeg
    258.3 KB · Views: 15
  • FB_IMG_1491654321546.jpg
    FB_IMG_1491654321546.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 16
  • FB_IMG_1491224747892.jpg
    FB_IMG_1491224747892.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 17
Struck my heart like a knife!!! The white Leghorn is my FAVORITE breed. They are so fun loving and busy and nosey!!!.They are super smart problem solvers. They come when they are called, the come to me when something is really wrong and they expect me to fix it. The loss of our Sally at 5 1/2, to an unknown illness just destroyed me. She was my bestie!! Her loss prompted a hatchery order. Two leghorns and I wanted 2 barred rocks, but they only had one. The baby pics are of them. I lost Nellie almost a year ago to cancer and I lost my precious Lilly 3 weeks ago to a jackass vet. I am presently raising 2 more awesome leghorns and 2 more barred rocks. I hope our old barred rock girl (Leia) accepts them one day.

They just don't live long enough. The White Leghorns are everything I Love in a chicken. They are super loyal and honest. Again, super smart. On the photos you can see that we not only love them, but they love us. ❤
That is so odd. What hatchery do you order yours from? I ordered from Meyer Hatchery. How do you raise your chicks? Sorry for your birds passing. It is always very hard to loose a favorite chicken.. I'll never get used to losing them.

That is so odd. What hatchery do you order yours from? I ordered from Meyer Hatchery. How do you raise your chicks? Sorry for your birds passing. It is always very hard to loose a favorite chicken.. I'll never get used to losing them.
Our Sally was given to us as an adult. Then we ordered from Meyer Hatchery. My newest group is from Tractor supply. I hand raise them and am actively involved with them. They do not interact with other family members the way they do with me.

Back
Top Bottom