Worst case of bumblefoot

Jmc11

In the Brooder
Aug 24, 2023
I’m fairly new to chickens and my silkie rooster has been getting picked on by his hens. They’ve been plucking at his feet to the point of bleeding and we have cleaned him up and put antibiotic ointment. However yesterday we noticed he was not walking around like he normally does and decided to peak at his feet again to find black spots all over. I began a soak yesterday and today with Epson salt with iodine. I tried with a tweezer to get these black spots off however they are flesh with his skin and I was unable to. Any tips, suggestions, advice? I feel terrible for him.

Photo of feet today

Attachments

• IMG_1054.jpeg
    IMG_1054.jpeg
    455.9 KB · Views: 9
Added note we have him seperated in clean cage while he recovers. I’ve inspected all my ladies feet and they have no signs of bumblefoot so far.

Yeah I stopped as soon as I could see it wasn’t the typical dry scab I’ve seen on bumblefoot posts. We have had a little rain and they are in construction sand that has some small areas that get a little muddy with the rain. I’ll continue to soaks he seems to enjoy them I’m sure it gives him some relief. Any other recommendations? I was considering ordering him some antibiotics or should I wait and see how the soaks are helping?

Back
Top Bottom