worst thanksgiving ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to hijack either..but I agree with Jody..and my DH was one of the good ones..beyond the call..
smile.png

not this jail! it was huge! way bigger than the one in tulsa. then again, oklahoma city is huge..its one huge ghetto i think. we are accosted by drunks almost every time we go there.

Ah, gotta love cops, huh? Most of them are power hungry, around here anyway. Sure, I've met a few (very few) nice ones, but I remember getting pulled off my motorcycle when I was 15, thrown on the ground, stomped on, kicked, taisered, and thrown in jail. Why you ask? Because I didn't stop at the yeild sign when there was no one coming. I can write several books on the crap they pull around here like that. I've met more cops like that @$$ than not, so I don't have a whole lot of respect for them.

Disclaimer: Like I said, I know not all of them are jerks, but around here they're notorious for being really nasty just because they can. I do have a friend who's a cop who's one of the nicest guys around, but I guess one's like him are pretty rare. I'm really thankful for the few good ones, but those are a dying breed it seems. Just adding that in before someone gets mad.
smile.png

i can explain what happened. i have two sources, 1 my leo dh and 2 experiance.

from leo dh. the state you were driving in and the state you live in are NON- REciprical states. This same thing would happen to Ms. California if she were caught speeding in VA. she would go to Jail untill she either had her court date or paid the fine, (but i think she still would have to go before the judge to pay the fine) either way it owould be a holiday weekend thanksgiving is and nothing would be open thursday, friday sat or sun. Yes it sucks, but if you dont like it you need to write to your STATE legislature and demand they co-operate with other states and then you will be allowed to just mail in your ticket or later appear for court.

experiance. my Xdh and i were in Ohio. ... he was going 75 in a 45. (we were late and lost and were trying to quickly get back to the turnpike, and NOT watching the speed) the cop told us we had two options. 1 Plead guilty and pay the fine, In Cash and we could go OR 2 stay in ohio untill his court date, If pleading not guilty. the cop was very nice though, he let us goto the atm and pull out money. they couldnt accept checks or credit cards cuz we were out of state and they could bounce. he was licensed in Maryland and the ticket only ever showed up as *speeding* and no points.

So theres the deal. i am sorry you had a jerk cop who couldnt take the time to explain this to ya. i dont know the state you live in so i am basing the non- reciprical status on the fact that VA does it to CA speeders for that reason. hope you have a WAY better christmas vacation. oh, and lol, you will probably never have to worry about speeding in OK again huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom