Would Dec 21 be a good birthday?

Livinzoo

Songster
13 Years
Mar 2, 2008
Statham, GA
I'm pregnant with my first and unfortunately will probably be having a cesarean section. The placenta is blocking her way out. They said that they would like to section at 39 weeks gestation which would be Dec 21. I was just curious what others thought of a Dec 21 (Yule) birthday.

December 21 would be a great day to have a baby.

Matter of fact, just any ole day is a wonderful day to have a happy
and healthly baby.

My late sister's birthday was December 19. Every year... and not once
were we supposed to forget that. Card and small gift for her birthday,
another card and better gift for Christmas.

..........Rules are rules............An only sister was special....

Good news is that the 21st is the last day of the Sagittarian Cycle...
It's on the border of Capricorn, but not an outright one... JMO but I never got on well with Caps.

So So News... depends on your family of course, but me and my brother (13th and 9th) got the shaft a lot of times... get one gift for both B-day and Christmas combined... while our Sister, b-day in October, got to brag about her two gifts. Shallow I know, but as a kid I confess that kind of thing annoyed the crap out of me.

Nowadays me and my brother... give a hug, hand him $20, he gives me a hug, hands the $20 back and We're Good.
big_smile.png

DD was a planned C-section, they planned to take her a full two weeks early... How does the 21st relate to your due date? Same Day, later, earlier?? If the 21st is your due date, or later... and it was me... I'd vote for moving it up some. The further from Christmas (while still safe for the little one) the better... from a kid's perspective... but also from YOURS since it'll mean scrambling to do b-day parties during the madness that is Christmas shopping, parties, relatives, travelling... yada.

Here's hoping for a healthy happy bundle!!

My daughter's birthday is Dec. 26th. I promised her seperate b-days and Christmas' the day she was born. You have to be firm with familys that combined gifts are not cool. I just politely asked them how would you like one gift, card or well wishes instead of your own special day? We were creative with the party date to accomidate(SP) others holiday schedules. I do know it was hard for her to be out of school for the holidays and not around friends.

Congrats on your sweet new one!

My daughter's bday is the 16th.......when she was a kid she always hated that it was close to Christmas. Two of my granddaughter's have december bdays...one the 9th and the other the 22nd. They are both still young enough (going to be 2 and 4) that it really hasn't affected them yet. Now we've got another granddaughter due the 29th.

I agree tho that any day is a good day to have a baby.
big_smile.png

My little neighbor girl was born on Chrsitmas Day. She celebrates a half birthday every year with a pool party on June 25th that's her special day. Her friends all seem to enjoy the party-lots of girlie screaming and squealing going on!

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
PERFECT solution! I once let my DD's have a party together because oldest DD's is Dec. 12th...right smack in the midst of school and cold weather, and my babies were little fishies...LOVED to swim, so They had a pool party together in May one year. It was MADNESS!! AND they both loved it
smile.png

I know a bunch of people that celebrate half birthdays for their December kids. It sounds like a good idea to me. A small family deal on their real birthday and a party on their half birthday.

My brother was born the the 19th. He came home from the hospital in a Christmas stocking made by the ladies auxilliary. Every year (for 40+ years now) my mother has nailed it to his bedroom door. HA! We always celebrated his birthday on his birthday. He got birthday cards and seperate gifts (or at least he did until he figured out that he could combine those gifts into one LARGE gift). It was always clear that we would celebrate birthday and Christmas as seperate events.

Now it seems to me that whenever you have a kid near a major holiday, that kid is gonna get jipped. My cousin Ashley's B-Day is exactly one week to the day before Christmas. She would get maybe one present, or two, for her B-Day, and then get the bulk of her gifts on Christmas day because the rest of the family would hold off until Christmas to giver her presents. Money is tight at Christmas time. Her brother Sean's B-Day is November 26th. He would get his birthday presents, sure, but he had to wait a month til Christmas to get the good stuff because we have a large family and trying to buy for all those people isn't easy, and to have to buy extra because someone's B-Day falls so close to Christmas just makes it harder. Now my kids, I have one born October 28th, and while she never had a problem with getting presents, she never had good birthday parties because her B-Day is 3 days before Halloween and no one had the time when they had trick or treating or Halloween parties to attend. For my younger DD, the year she was born, she came on Thanksgiving Day. Her B-Day falls on Thanksgiving again this year. She gets the shaft when it comes to B-Day parties because every time we tried to throw her a party, people always had an excuse that they couldn't come because of the holiday season, or they didn't have money to buy her anything. To me it just sounded like excuses not to come. The parties got worse and worse as the years have passed, and I now haven't thrown a party since the girls were about 7 and 6, and it was a join party thrown a few days after Halloween. 4 kids came. My one friends 3 daughters, and another friend's 1 daughter. I had invited over 30 people. Not even my own family came, with the exception of my mother because she lived with me, lol. I tried June parties for graduating Kindergarten, but because the school didn't technically hold graduation ceremonies anymore, the parents of my kids classmates didn't feel the need to bring their kids. So at my older DD's party 1 classmate came, and a couple of my friends, and the following year for her sister's party, only my one uncle, his daughter and her boyfriend came, one of of my friends with his daughter, and my kids' father with his g-friend. I could have done without those last two showing up though, lol. My kids literally walked around in the pool bored because no one had come. I felt so bad for them. Maybe we are just jinxed when it comes to parties, but we sure used to have good turn outs when I was a kid. Shoot, my B-Day party and my graduation parties were held together when I was a kid (my B-Day is in June), and I had good turn outs, but not anymore. Maybe it's the economy, I dunno. I might do small parties again sometime, but I promised my girls they could have Sweet 16 parties. And I'll march out to the local houses and find other teenagers and drag them back for those parties if I have to!
wink.png

Oh, and my cousin Mikey gets jipped too, his B-Day is December 28th. He's the 4th oldest of 5 kids, and only his dad worked when he was growing up, so you can imagine what little he got each year.

Back
Top Bottom