Would everyone please......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly new to chickens and really find this site interesting and have found answers to all my questions here. My grandkids love to help with the chicks and visit here frequently.
My 13 yo granddaughter started reading the posts on this website and I was surprised to discover that she joined a few days ago and has posted responses.
I am very glad that she is so interested in chickens and that this is a site that I feel comfortable knowing that she is not going to see alot of adult topics, etc.
They get enough of that everywhere else. I'm glad to see that this site is monitored for inappropriate content!. Keep up the good work!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Well, I certainly don't have time to read all these posts. That said, it seems to me that if we all use a little discretion and commom sense we would not have this conversation. I've received a few pm's and they weren't in agreement with my point but I'm an adult and I can deal with it.
Perhaps if you think your responding post is too adult you could take it to the pm section. We have to be aware that this place is not immune from those who are predesposed to crimes against children. We should not be that naive and the moderators do a fantastic job. Lets not take the risk of opening that door.
No parent should allow their child on any web site with out monitoring them. Whether it is here or facebook, or myspace, or anywhere else. That is just common sense.
Finally it might help if we all remember why we're here? Because we love chickens and care about those who do. The key word, is "care". Take everything that is said with a "grain of salt". Let that "grain" be "temperance", and you won't be offended by a percieved tone. If you disagree with me when I say "I'll pray for you", just let it drop or pm me and say I don't believe. If on the other hand someone asks for prayer or help and you can't do either just let it drop and move on.
I sincerely appreciate the help and education I've received here. Like it or not I Love ya.

WOW !!! This thing became a bee's nest in a hurry.
barnie.gif

Seems to me,this simply comes down to; there are rules !
principles ! & standards !

BYC is sticking to them !
clap.gif

That's where the rest of the country went wrong ! Don't let it happen here.

Big thumbs up
thumbsup.gif
Well done.

MIKE

Terrielacy is right.This is supposed to be a kid-friendky board.I am a kid myself a love to have a forum to go to where I CAN talk to grown-ups but I'm allowed to be on it.

Nicely worded Terrie!
clap.gif

Quote:
th.gif
that is taking it too far! i agree about the human reproduction ban, or else mom would not let me on this site, but i disagree about how we should not talk about god, praying,or the bible.anyway if my chickens are sick and i ask you to pray for it/them does not mean that you have to pray for them! yeeesh...

:thumbsupThat's a good pointt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom