Would everyone please......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think that some people should think before they put out certain "adult" subjects, or words, because some 12-year-old (or teen) could be reading it. I'm sure there are thousands of other websites you could post this stuff on; please keep it off BYC! This INCLUDES Random Ramblings!

Last edited:
Quote:
X2, there are kids younger than me on here, and I see people posting stuff about things from the news, that kids younger than me shouldn't read.

Last edited:
Quote:
X2, there are kids younger than me on here, and I see people posting stuff about things from the news, that kids younger than me shouldn't read.

While I agree that we need to remember there are children here, I think if it is in the news it is probably something you should know about anyway. It is important that you be informed about what is going on in the world around you. Also if it is in a newspaper chances are you will see it on your own. Asking adults to not talk about sexual issues or alcohol is one thing but to ask us to not discuss the news is pushing it a tad too far. There are web sites that are tailored more towards young people if you care to avoid adult topics all together.

Quote:

While I agree that we need to remember there are children here, I think if it is in the news it is probably something you should know about anyway. It is important that you be informed about what is going on in the world around you. Also if it is in a newspaper chances are you will see it on your own. Asking adults to not talk about sexual issues or alcohol is one thing but to ask us to not discuss the news is pushing it a tad too far. There are web sites that are tailored more towards young people if you care to avoid adult topics all together.

I meant that there are SOME things in the news that aren't really kid appropriate.

Quote:

I meant that there are SOME things in the news that aren't really kid appropriate.

Like what?

Quote:

Like what?

For example: I personally dont want one of my kids reading about the latest sexual exploit of one of our nations politicians (swartzenegger for example). I dont want to explain what a 'love child' is to my 11 year old quite yet. As a parent, I simply prefer to keep my children semi-innocent. Will they hear about it at school or from friends? Maybe, but I hardly think a site about chickens and animals is the right place for such topics.

Like many have said before- There are plenty of other sites and sources to get info from and to share info with, than BYC, as far as non-critter issues go.

Quote:

I have to say I agree with this! I started young on the news. It's a pretty interesting topic.
pop.gif

I have heard some "off of BYC" complaining about having to restrict themselves because this site allows minors. I for one am delighted you allow them here. So if you are a minor...WELCOME! Let's talk chicken!

Folks, twice today, someone has posted personal PMs sent to them from a member of the staff without permission of that staff member in this thread. That is completely unacceptable, whether it is from another member or from the staff! We could caution you that this is the worst internet etiquette. Privacy is paramount. In addition, we do not discuss the moderation of members in open forum, even if the member is YOU.
hmm.png

Perhaps a rules reminder is in order here:

Quote:

Last edited:
Speckledhen, thanks for that. As you say, the privacy of PM's is important and they should not be published on an open forum. I've seen it cause great annoyance and embarrassment on other forums.

What are the circumstances, please, in which Mods. or Admin. may view PM's between members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom