Would muscovy ducks.....

LOOK KIM!

SANY0265.jpg

I have mine in a brooder right now - but I have a small shed next to the chicken coop thats been cleaned out - I have to fix the outside - I'm going to put up some siding..... then they'll be all set!

What type of predator precautions do they need? Will you enclose them in a run? They are gorgeous!!!​

If I have white muscovies but some have black and brown spots...will....those fade when the grown up feathers come in? I have some with cute spots but since they are supposed to be white muscovies I'm assuming th spots go bye bye.

Quote:
What type of predator precautions do they need? Will you enclose them in a run? They are gorgeous!!!

I have an enclosed run for the chickens, and also the back yard is fenced in (temp fencing now) I will HOPE the ducks stay in the back yard, with the chickens, horse and goat
gig.gif

I imagine the same predators that take chickens will take a duck - I'm not sure if a hawk could take a full grown Muscovy.
So far the only thing I've seen is a skunk - and he was just waddling past one night.

Quote:
Don't be sad - you can make DUCKS your next order of business!

I wanted mine ASAP so they would have feathers and such when the snow hits!

Quote:
Mine are white muscovy's - no spots at all on them - ok I lie, two have little markings on their heads, its the only way we can tell them apart!

Quote:
Don't be sad - you can make DUCKS your next order of business!

I wanted mine ASAP so they would have feathers and such when the snow hits!

I got too many orders of business right now..
hmm.png
heh, I might be able to sneak some next year.. Oh we'll see, next year is sooo far away..

-Kim

I have an enclosed run for the chickens, and also the back yard is fenced in (temp fencing now) I will HOPE the ducks stay in the back yard, with the chickens, horse and goat gig

I imagine the same predators that take chickens will take a duck - I'm not sure if a hawk could take a full grown Muscovy.
So far the only thing I've seen is a skunk - and he was just waddling past one night.

LOL! I 'm working on a "menagerie"as well ^_^ unfortunately we have a lot of predators here
sad.png
Coyotes, red fox, possibly badgers *sigh* I will have to lock them in with the chickens I guess lol The chickens will have a 10x16 coop, so maybe I can build them an apartment or something
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom