Would this be appropriate?

Quote:
A note is a great idea, and would definitely be preferable to stalking them, especially since they seem to value their privacy.
wink.png

Good luck! I'm thinking about getting some d'uccles this spring, too . . .

I think a note is a great idea. I know if I got a note like that I would think it was neat that someone liked my birds and was interested in adding some to their own flock.
clap.gif
Let us know how it goes.
fl.gif

Quote:
Sheesh, a bit hostile there.
th.gif
Maybe it would mean they were very private people and appreciate being left alone. Maybe the wind blew it away. Maybe whoever took it off the gate stuck it in a pocket and forgot it. None of that means they are "jerk faces".

Oh come on. I was clearly joking.
roll.png

Quote:
The note on the gate it's a great idea, however stay away from the mailbox, it's a federal crime to open someone else's mail box without the knowledge or approval of the owner if you are not a postal worker. I know it sounds crazy, but some people might not like that and it could get you in trouble.

Sure! Why not? I'd be flattered. (And I have the cutest Mille Fleur D'Uccle ever..... ) I'd love more of them. She's adorable and super smart.

careful wording... Like.. I hope I am not being to forward but I have seen your beautiful flock and would like to know if you part with eggs from time to time... If so could I get on the list and what would you want for them... Sincerely, your nieghbor.
smile.png
Leave your number, the best time to reach you and cross your fingers. When you do get some... be sure to give them a stack of egg cartons
wink.png

Quote:
The note on the gate it's a great idea, however stay away from the mailbox, it's a federal crime to open someone else's mail box without the knowledge or approval of the owner if you are not a postal worker. I know it sounds crazy, but some people might not like that and it could get you in trouble.

So stick it to the outside then.

Back
Top Bottom