would this be too much protein?!?

Quote:
They weren't fed so much soy. Hope the soy isn't dried, but cooked! It's just a matter of preference, some like less soy. As for being "genetically modified", soy is and it just depends on whether you're OK with that or not.

Taylor,
There is a reason that the big feed Mfg. Co. are putting such ingredient like -
DL Methionine, Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Phosphate, Salt, Manganous Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Menadione Dimethylpyrimidinol Bisulfite, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Biotin, Choline Chloride, and Ethoxyquin in there feed it is because it is needed.

If people would take as much time researching the ingredients that the feed Mfg. Co. puts on there tag as they do putting down the feed Mfg. Co. and trying to coming up with there own chicken "feed" mix, I think that they would find that they would be far better off getting a bag of premixed chicken feed.

Chris

if you are so worryed about it get the 55 gal drum and use that feed along with your reg feed and by mixing the 2 feeds it should cut the protin levle down and by using your normal feed with it you will be getting all the ''other stuff to help balence everything out

by getting the 55 gal for only 15$ that should help cut feed bill down as well

http://www.lionsgrip.com/chickens.html

Quote:
Now Chris. Thar ya go agin. Usin all them big sighentifick words. All ya need is a litl common cents.

LOL

I can still hear my Father's voice-

"Trust science, it propels mankind forward. Where as common sense, at best, just holds us back until everyone covienetly forgets the foolishness."

Remember these common sense golden oldies: the world is flat, pointed eggs produce roooooooooos, if man were ment to fly . . . . .

Quote:
me 2!!! i always thought feed was feed for chickens. LOL i guess people nowadays think chickens have to have the best of the best. LOL then how does his chickens do so well on his homegrown feeed? and live to a old age and still pop a egg every day or 2 at 8 yrs old? sounds like a good feed to me!
wink.png

I'm guessing that it hasn't been supplemented with methionine or lysine. They may be overfeeding crude protein to make up for the amino acid deficiency. There is no need for layer feed to be that high in protein.

Quote:
Actually it is Ph.D. in Animal Nutrition. That might be just a bit more indepth than "Feed Store Education".

Yeah.
You should hear how a fluid dynamics engineer gets lectured about air and water movement!

yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom