Would you be happy with this for a gift?

Thanks for all the nice words. I got most of it done this weekend. It took me 3 tries to get the Beeswax Lip Balm right - I was to tired of filling tubes then empting them back into the bowl to add more oil
roll.png

Oh well - the final product was good - I have it on now actually
smile.png

This sounds like an absolutely wonderful gift!! So many people love homemade things because they just do not have the time or talent to make them themselves and I find most people really appreciate them!

I did that last year and it went over so well I'm doing something similar this Yule. My baskets will have homemade breads , cookies, hand crocheted dish clothes , homemade soap and some wooden spoons, cookie cutters.
Kitchen theme this year.

That sounds like a really wonderful gift!

The only thing I could think of 'spa'-wise to add would be a little scented votive, which are not too expensive. I would probably purchase those, as getting into candle making can quickly become expensive and addicting. And maybe also adding a couple tea bags or something similar to go with the fudge(which sounds SOOO delightful btw).

But honestly, I think it is pretty perfect the way you have it already! I am sure your gifts will be very well received and very much appreciated.
smile.png

I am doing gift baskets for our family swap this year. I am doing 2..one a Breakfast basket, the other a dinner basket.
Breakfast

A package of my own pigs sausage( a note actually to remind me to give it to them)
Fresh eggs
a loaf of Fresh made bread
Pancake mix( the one in a jug,just add water)
Syrup
3 jars home made jam/jelly
fresh canned peaches.

Dinner

A Canned ham
2 pints of home canned green beans(might be home canned corn)
a pint of home canned pickled beets
fresh dinner rolls.
a few potatos
Bread and butter pickles
and Peaches.

Both will have a kitchen towel set, with pot holders...and be in a wicker basket. Then set in a box..and wrapped. We are haveing our family swap Sunday...so Saturday will be busy, makeing rolls and bread...and wraping the gifts.

I did gift baskets last year for xmas. I bought baskets from the goodwill store and filled them up with personalized items for each recipeint and then went to the Everythings a Dollar store and bouth the clear plastic bags to wrap the baskets in. Total cost was around $10. My MIL was alittle more.

Back
Top Bottom