Would you do this to save your friend??

Quote:
http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-animal-031.gifBull Sharks, while one of the more aggressive species of shark, still do not hunt for humans. We aren't their favorite meal or anywhere close to it. Carcharhinus leucas can be highly aggressive and territorial, and will attack animals in their territory. They are more common in shallow water, and thus come in contact with humans more often. This guy was most likely in the wrong place at the wrong time. The best thing to remember is when you enter the water you are going into THEIR territory. It's much like someone coming into your yard.

Ok...I'm getting off my soapbox now...just didn't want any misconceptions about sharks to spread. http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/soapbox.gif?t=1278637605

In the interview they had been filming and had splashed around a lot, also had caught some fish. Probably a mixture of blood and activity.

Yeah.. thats what i'm thinking... splashing bloody fish....
Heeeello?? Thats like a shark dinner bell...
lol.png

And WHAT those 2 girls were doing in floating chairs?? Nuts!

Quote:
Moreso if you think about it. At least alligators and sharks are predictable.

I have never understood the fear of sharks. They're an amazing predator, but we are not considered a prey item. If a shark has to choose between a human or a dead whale, he's going for the whale. Human or seal? Seal. We just aren't up there on the list of tasty meals. I've been in the water with many sharks, and been completely ignored. They're a very misunderstood animal. A beautiful predator that should be respected, not feared.

And MOST times its a case of mistaken identity... the sharks think we are something else...
Like a surfer on a board, from below, looks a lot like a seal... etc...

Quote:
Good to know!

**redhens bringing Silly with her on vacation from now on..**

Quote:
Good to know!

Well, you know not to bring MFB...He'd let you get eaten for sure.
roll.png

Remind never to swim with you or him...I'm pretty sure you'd both throw me to the sharks.

Last edited:
Quote:
Good to know!

Well, you know not to bring MFB...He'd let you get eaten for sure.
roll.png

Remind never to swim with you or him...I'm pretty sure you'd both throw me to the sharks.

10638_nocomment.gif

Back
Top Bottom