Would you eat a chicken that died through sickness, or injury?

@perchie.girl, I think you are doing it right. I've always been adventuresome when it comes to food. Always willing to try new foods but I have to admit that I had to sit and give myself a mental pep talk before I took that first bite of sushi. Once I ate it I liked it okay. Didn't roulf it up or spit it out and finished the whole meal. It was like, okay, I ate sushi, what next? Balout eggs? No No No No NO!

And yep, ate raw hamburder as a kid. Admittedly on a dare from my best friend but gotta admit it was tastey. Within the past 15-20 years I read a report that said that they tested random samples of beef amd discovered theraputic levels of antibiotics and steroids in all samples.

Antibiotic resistant bacteria developing because of over prescribing of antiiotics? Yeah, okay, but test that burger you had yesterday and I bet you would be in for a rude awakening about one of the big reasons those bugs are getting tougher to knock down.

As mentioned several times. Know your food.

Micro I am a sushi lover and consumed it now for more than forty years. I do take care on which restaurant I use.... and there are only two that I have used in the recent past... Local and Very Well trained.

That being said I pick and choose my sushi carefully. Only cooked on one end like Shrimp and Eel.... Or preserved on another Like Mackerel which is VERY preserved in vinegar. I rarely eat the red meat sushi....

But I have to premise it to say Sushi is actually the name of the rice And there are quite a few vegetarian dishes.

I mostly eat Yellow-tail which is in the mackerel family and yes raw... or Soft shell crab which is Cooked and put in a roll... Or California Roll which is made with actually cooked crab meat. Smoked salmon on occasion...

I do eat uni... Which is Sea urchin and served up raw... Eel.. As well as Oysters... Yes I know there may be cross contamination... But Like I said I am careful where I get my sushi...

deb
Stop stop!! You’re making me hungry! :hit

Could be hatchet, ax, big knife, broom stick LLlaugh.gif

Consider that death from illness and disease means that the organs were compromised to the point that they were unable to sustain life or doing so poorly if euthanized before death. This means that dead cells, cell byproducts and waste etc. built up to toxic levels because the organs couldn't do their job of ridding the body of the waste normally produced by the process of living.
You may be able to kill some pathogens through cooking but it won't remove toxins. Animals picked off by predators were likely the compromised (week/ill) ones. Don't eat death. Go forage a salad.

Back
Top Bottom