Would you pay to get our dog back?

silverfilly

Peepin N' Cheepin
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
Kansas
Hello group, I have a question for you all.

When I got home Tues afternoon about 4 my yorkie Teeny was gone, no trace of her anywhere, cant even igure out how she got out of the pen, My mom and been by to do laundry at 1pm and seen her then. So sometime between Tues 1pm and 4pm is when she went missing. I had been all over my tiny town looking and asking everyone if they had seen her including Tom the city guy.

Well I came home today and went to the PO to check my mail and aas I was leaving Tom stoped me to ask If I had got my dog back. I told him no and that I still could not figure out how she got out or what happend to her, He gave me a funny look and said that Goodwin had come up to the city hall yesterday morning asking if anyone had ben missing a yorkie, he told her about me and told her where I live ( I live half a block from the person that had her) SO I went straight over and knocked on the door, The man came and I said Hi I heard you found my dog" he said "YOUR dog" I said yeah a little yorkie. HE said " you owe me 25$" now normaly I would not care as yes they took care of her for 2 days but then he said " thats for the vet bill and the food I have into her"
I said "oh u took her to the vet?" he said yeah she had stickers in her coat and she needed her shots" I told him I did not have any cash that I would bring it by later, I was just happy to have teeny back, SO I went and took her out of the pen and the kids started crying and telling me her name was now Twinkle and Coacoa. I said thank you very much for taking care of her and I left.

Now I have already told him I would pay and I will but Im also kinda ticked, She went missing Tues late afternoon and by Wed morning they new who the dog belonged to, Yes maybe she tried to come by while i was in school yesterday but I was home all evening and they did not even leave a not if they did stop when I was not home. And they either took her to the vet before even 24hrs of finding her or after they new whos dog she was, Im thinking they decied to try and keep her. How would ou all have handled this situation?

i dont understand why he wouldve taken it to the vet if he knew it belonged to someone. i think i would pay cuz i d be happy to have my dog back, but only cuz i care about my dog. i think id ask him why he didnt bring your dog back or leave a note. Before i handed over the money. if he couldnt give me a good answer then i d tell him since he tried to Keep my beloved animal i wasnt giveing him a cent.

I sure would ask to see his copy of the vet bill. Actually I would probably tell him to go to heck. If you do that you may want to think of keeping your dog inside when you're not there though. I wouldn't be suprised if it weren't his little brats that turned it loose to start with.

Quote:
I wouldn't pay them a dime. It sounds as if they had no intention of finding out where it came from. You don't take a dog to the vet for 'stickers' in the coat and get it's shots unless you plan on keeping it. How did he get it? Where were you keeping your dog that he would have access to? Being in dog rescue, I see it time and time again, where dogs are taken from people's yards and then are either kept or they are sold to someone else. I'm thinking that they either intended to keep it or they were going to resell it. I'm glad you have your dog back but I would strongly consider keeping indoors, unless it's supervised outside by someone, and having it microchipped.
wink.png

What vet charges $25 for anything?? I'd ask for proof of the vet bill. He couldn't have paid $25 in feed for a yorkie, my GSD doesn't eat that much in 2 days!

Back
Top Bottom