Would you report this?

Quote:
I only paced him for a very short stretch, as soon as I was able to keep even with him, I noted the speed and dropped back down to the speed limit. I wonder if there were prisoners on the bus?

Quote:
I believe this too, as well.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I will tell them I paced him just enough to clock his speed. Awhile back I called 911 for a drunk driver, he was hauling buns! The cop on the line told me to pick up enough speed to keep a visual on him until they got there.

I did the same thing, and the dispatcher asked for car color, make and model: route # and direction of travel; license plate number; and then said, "Stay the heck away from him and do not try to keep up."
idunno.gif

b.hromada :

Quote:
I believe this too, as well.
thumbsup.gif

Yup.

However, on a side note, if I were driving a prison bus, I'd want to get to my destination ASAP, too.
gig.gif

And, he knew the cops weren't going to pull him over. It's on you, man, do what you will. I reported a construction vehicle passing a stopped school bus, but that's a whole different ball game.​

I would report it but I would not say or be doing the same speed as that driver. Not worth the risks of having two reckless vehicles on the road.

Quote:
X2

And, if you do mention speed, just tell them that they were going way over the speed limit and passing all kinds of vehicles like they were standing still. Try to make it sound like you are concerned that something happened to the driver and/or how he was driving recklessly, endangering the public.

And, yes, I would report it if it was that bad.

I know the area around Yucca Valley and he probably just thought no one would catch him or care since he was way out in the desert. But, I've seen CHP clock people from planes around there. When I was driving down the 62 from Morongo Valley, I saw them clock and pull over a speeding motorist, one time, who was passing everyone.

Quote:
X2

And, if you do mention speed, just tell them that they were going way over the speed limit and passing all kinds of vehicles like they were standing still. Try to make it sound like you are concerned that something happened to the driver and/or how he was driving recklessly, endangering the public.

And, yes, I would report it if it was that bad.

I know the area around Yucca Valley and he probably just thought no one would catch him or care since he was way out in the desert. But, I've seen CHP clock people from planes around there. When I was driving down the 62 from Morongo Valley, I saw them clock and pull over a speeding motorist, one time, who was passing everyone.

When I drive to and from work and around town I use cruise control. I can tell you at what spot on what streets the speed changes. We are loaded with cops, they hide every where. I like that we have such a visible police force here. I am going to report it, cop or not, you still need to obey the laws you uphold. I am 43 and have had exactly 2 speeding tickets in my life. The first one WAS NOT ME! He got me on a big curve, the car he was after was a grand am just like mine and had already flew past me. He didn't believe me! I was so mad. He said he followed me from such and such street, which couldn't have happened as I would have had to exit the freeway two exits past mine and then double back. I fought it and won. The 2nd was my fault, it was here in Yucca and I was really tired (just finished my 3rd back to back 16 hr shifts) and I forgot to drop cruise control from 55 to 40 so I was cruisin through town at 55, I paid it.

Even if you don't mention the speed you were doing (or the other driver), do you really think that when you describe the distance travelled plus the timing of the incident, that they won't catch on the speed? To keep a speeding vehicle in sight which is travelling above the speed limits means you would also be having to travel at some speed to enable you to keep that person in sight
wink.png

You do what you think is right; if it feels wrong, it probably is!

Back
Top Bottom