Would you report this?

I know rules shouldn't be broken, but we all do it. What if he had a high profile inmate on that bus and had to get him to another location as quick as possible? What if they received intel from an outside source that they have a follower and their chase car isn't able to intercept the threat?

I will report unsafe driving whenever I am able to. When you are in a car, you are using a piece of machinery that can kill others. You are not just responsible for yourself, but those around you. Unsafe driving is one of the few things I really have no leniency for. I've seen so many people nearly mowed down in *crosswalks* because of people texting, speeding, doing dangerous (and illegal) lane changes in intersections, or just not paying a spot of attention. I've read about plenty getting hit just in our small area. I also would not pace anyone, even for a short amount of time.

What if he had a high profile inmate on that bus and had to get him to another location as quick as possible? What if they received intel from an outside source that they have a follower and their chase car isn't able to intercept the threat?

Then they can explain that and will have evidence to back it up.​

Quote:
Then they can explain that and will have evidence to back it up.

thumbsup.gif

My teenage cousin was in a terrible car accident last year. His car was in idle (pulled over) on the side of the road in front of a friends' house. He was picking him up to go to the movies. A driver was driving like a nutjob and had been for a lengthy stretch - until she smashed into three other cars, ultimately landing into my cousin's car. She was drunk. He almost died - suffered several broken bones and was in the hospital for a while. She injured others....and she didn't get a scratch!

Imagine if she was reported at the front end of her travels? She may have been pulled over before hurting property ...... and people. Thankfully, no one died.

Quote:
What you guys are not understanding is I DID NOT PACE THIS GUY THE ENTIRE TIME. It went like this :
Bus blew by me, lane behind him open, bus now about 20 car lengths ahead of me, I get in lane behind bus, step on gas until bus no longer pulling ahead of me noted speed, let off of gas (just like when you are passing another car) and set CC at speed limit. Somewhere, a few miles ahead of me he must have got caught in traffic. The hill I am talking about is around 2 miles long or longer. At the top it becomes slight curvy and has cement barriers between opposing sides. You can see all the way to the top where the barriers start, I was able to watch him go up 4/5 of the hill weaving through traffic. I am thinking that this where he got stuck and had to slow down. He also caught a red light. This left me behind him. When the light turned green I accelerated until I was pacing him, noted the speed and dropped back to the posted speed limit. AT NO POINT DID I SAY I RAN A RED LIGHT. Observed him enter the intersection on a red, I hadn't even got to the light yet, it had already turned green by the time I approached the signal he ran!

What if they were having a medical emergency? We don't call the police every time we see an ambulance speeding. How do we know there is always a passenger in the back of the ambulance. Just because they have their lights and sirens going doesn't mean some one is in the back. When you see police cars speeding, are you going to call the station and complain. Just because their lights are on doesn't mean anything. I saw a patrol car hit his lights and sirens to avoid sitting at the light, it turned red just as he approached. Once he cleared the intersection he turned them off. Every time we leave our houses we see people speeding or blowing intersections, or doing the California drive by at the stop sign. We don't call and report them. Some one mentioned they seen a car that was suspicous of drunk driving; that is something serious and Im glad it was reported. But speeding is something we are all guilty of.

Quote:
If by "pace " you mean keep up with him then you were wrong too. If you had had an accident how would you explain it? If you had gotten killed then that would not be good either. How will you explain that he was speeding and you had to speed just to keep up with him?

When things like this happen please don't try to be the hero. You are risking your life.

Next time let them go and if it will make you feel better stop and call someone and give them the license number, but please don't take unnecessary risks.

Rancher

What if they were having a medical emergency? We don't call the police every time we see an ambulance speeding. How do we know there is always a passenger in the back of the ambulance. Just because they have their lights and sirens going doesn't mean some one is in the back.

Again, if that was the case, this could be clearly explained to the police. Report and let them sort (hey, kind of catchy). Any sort of vehicle of this kind will have procedures and video or other backup evidence in place for a similar situation. This was not an emergency vehicle and does not have the same rules applied to it. Emergency vehicle drivers and police have been caught abusing their power to speed illegally before, so someone did report them.
wink.png

Quote:
The difference is that prisoner transport bus is not an emergency vehicle like a police car or ambulance. If they have an emergency, they have to pull over and call the proper authorities. It is not exempt like the other vehicles you mentioned, either, as far as I know (exempt means that they are exempt from most major traffic laws).

I have reported extremely reckless/careless commercial and government drivers because I know what type of training most go through and I'm sure their bosses won't appreciate the increased chance of being liable for an accident.

Not everybody speeds, by the way. That's real easy to control.

Quote:
The difference is that prisoner transport bus is not an emergency vehicle like a police car or ambulance. If they have an emergency, they have to pull over and call the proper authorities. It is not exempt like the other vehicles you mentioned, either, as far as I know (exempt means that they are exempt from most major traffic laws).

I have reported extremely reckless/careless commercial and government drivers because I know what type of training most go through and I'm sure their bosses won't appreciate the increased chance of being liable for an accident.

Not everybody speeds, by the way. That's real easy to control.

Not necessarly do we need to need to pull over and call proper authorites. That is actually the least and the last thing we are trained to do. We need to do what we have to do to get as far away from the threat as possible. When we are carrying an inmate from the Witness protection program there is no chance in hell we are stopping and calling authorites. That will get you shot.

Back
Top Bottom