Would you sacrifice your Geese or your other fowl?

Thanks everyone for posting, so what exactly makes the geese so special for you?
And RURU, sorry to hear of your predicament, sure is something. At least your willing and haven't sold the man yet. lol

What makes the geese so special is when they imprint on you they truly love you as their parent. They will talk with you watching them play and the funny things they always do to keep you smiling. They are much more personal with you. There is just something special about them.... I love my babies even when they bite the crap out of me at breeding time! That is when they hate everyone and you want to take and do one of these when the bite.
smack.gif

I have Geese, Ducks, Chickens, Guineas, Peafowl, and Quail. My waterfowl, and peafowl are by far my favorite, if I had to choose I think I'd keep my geese.

One of my White Sebastopols, Princess, is a total sweetie. She will come running up to the fence when she sees me and just talks to me. She even let me stroke her head the other day. She is a little angel, just precious!

~ Aspen

I have Geese, Ducks, Chickens, Guineas, Peafowl, and Quail. My waterfowl, and peafowl are by far my favorite, if I had to choose I think I'd keep my geese.

One of my White Sebastopols, Princess, is a total sweetie. She will come running up to the fence when she sees me and just talks to me. She even let me stroke her head the other day. She is a little angel, just precious!

~ Aspen
I'd like to add to this sentiment. I had one of my Toulouse girls living in my livingroom for over a week as she was suffering from prolapse and egg binding. I put on an animal show for her one evening and one of the segments of it was about hawks and they showed a hawk going after some rooks. My poor Lucy Loo went nuts! She was screeching and carring on until I came in and yelled at the TV and waved a yard stick at the 'bad bird'. How can you not love that? Total faith that Momma could make it better. She has since recovered and gone back to the flock, but everyday when I am there doing the chores, Lucy takes the time to come to me and tell me about her day and get a love from me. I could not give up my geese, they are very special creatures.

I'd like to add to this sentiment. I had one of my Toulouse girls living in my livingroom for over a week as she was suffering from prolapse and egg binding. I put on an animal show for her one evening and one of the segments of it was about hawks and they showed a hawk going after some rooks. My poor Lucy Loo went nuts! She was screeching and carring on until I came in and yelled at the TV and waved a yard stick at the 'bad bird'. How can you not love that? Total faith that Momma could make it better. She has since recovered and gone back to the flock, but everyday when I am there doing the chores, Lucy takes the time to come to me and tell me about her day and get a love from me. I could not give up my geese, they are very special creatures.
What an adorable story..thanks for sharing!!

~ Aspen

Back
Top Bottom