Would YOU vote to change something that wasn't concerning your city?

Quote:
This makes me pause for a moment. What if you wind up moving there? Devils advocate on that one. Seriously though, I vote in all surrounding communities because I really never know when WE may be living there.

I get it is just a poll, but food for thought maybe?

I would vote in any newspaper poll, to give my point of view. I agree that actual voters should know the facts and should only be allowed to vote if it affects them.

Quote:
This makes me pause for a moment. What if you wind up moving there? Devils advocate on that one. Seriously though, I vote in all surrounding communities because I really never know when WE may be living there.

I get it is just a poll, but food for thought maybe?

I think we would have the right to try to change the laws once we did move there. Until then, I believe we should have no say. Think about how you or your neighbors would feel if outsiders visited your town and started changing things. What if they believed you shouldn't have chickens? You and your neighbors would probably tell them to bug off and mind their own business.

I just think a community should be run by that community. That is why we elect local officials to represent us. Otherwise we would only need one big national authority to hand out one-size-fits all rules. Can you see where I am coming from?

Back
Top Bottom