Wound care… dog attack!

@Wyorp Rock The wound that I just discovered is a deep hole from the dogs tooth… it is oozing but doesn’t stink.. do I just keep putting the ointment on it? Will it close up? I am amazed that the wound where her back end was split open is closed and healed!!!
Yes, just keep it cleaned as needed and apply your ointment. It should heal from the inside out, so you may see a little oozing. A puncture wound will take time to heal, but if you detect no odors that's a very good sign.

@Wyorp Rock today I put Maryn and Rosemary back out with the flock... I think they needed it! They immediately went to work putting everyone in their place😱😄 and then they headed for the dirty bath🥰
Maryn still has the wound on her back but I thought it would be okay and I will spray it two to three times a day. Do you think that is fine?
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0176.jpeg

@Wyorp Rock today I put Maryn and Rosemary back out with the flock... I think they needed it! They immediately went to work putting everyone in their place😱😄 and then they headed for the dirty bath🥰
Maryn still has the wound on her back but I thought it would be okay and I will spray it two to three times a day. Do you think that is fine? View attachment 3656878View attachment 3656879
I think it's fantastic!

Just keep watch on the remaining spots that need to heal and spray like you plan to (as needed). IF things start to look bad, you can always pull her back out for a couple of days.

Love the photos, they look lovely.

I think it's fantastic!

Just keep watch on the remaining spots that need to heal and spray like you plan to (as needed). IF things start to look bad, you can always pull her back out for a couple of days.

Love the photos, they look lovely.
Thank you!
Her wound is very difficult to see now as the feathers are all growing over it and out of it! So I just do my best to spray a bunch on the area. I can see that it is still there but hard to really see how it looks🤷🏼‍♀️
Thank you so very much for all of your help! I hope these posts can help someone else ❤️❤️❤️

Thank you!
Her wound is very difficult to see now as the feathers are all growing over it and out of it! So I just do my best to spray a bunch on the area. I can see that it is still there but hard to really see how it looks🤷🏼‍♀️
Thank you so very much for all of your help! I hope these posts can help someone else ❤️❤️❤️
It's great that you posted the pictures and let us all know how they're doing.

They look pretty spry and you should be proud of hanging in there for them.
2 Atta girls and a thumbs up!

It's great that you posted the pictures and let us all know how they're doing.

They look pretty spry and you should be proud of hanging in there for them.
2 Atta girls and a thumbs up!
Thank you so much❤️
Everyone is doing very well👏🏻 and I got a first egg today from one of my new gals from this spring🥰

Back
Top Bottom