Wound with maggots I can't get rid of **NOW WITH PICS**

hu.gif

*confuzzled*

I've had Cornish crosses before, I never noticed a difference in the amount of feathers.....

She might be a California White. Is there a black dot on her neck? She could be a cornish cross cross. It is just that she hasn't eaten like she is supposed to. A genetic anomaly
smile.png

Whatever she is she is a cutie and VERY lucky to have you!
If I come back as a hen, I want to be YOUR hen, cuz I know you will pick maggots off my butt if I need you to.
love.gif

Quote:
OK, now that's just wrong on soooo many levels
lau.gif

Bottom line, as long as she aint a Jumbo X I'm fine, I can't stand to watch another one die, sshe has no black mark on her neck though.

What she DOES have is a case of the pants, it's warmer than normal and there is no window in the bathroom. I'm going to set up a fan tomorrow, poor thing, I swear heat is worse than cold in these birds.

White rock was my next guess...LOL

But she has the"dopey Which way did they go George" look of the cornish...

Slifer used to pant when she got really hot too...I used to stand her in the wading pool to cool her down. And the fans and icepacks on their chair...
idunno.gif

What we do for our babies...

If I come back as a hen, I want to be YOUR hen, cuz I know you will pick maggots off my butt if I need you to

Priceless...​

Well heck, forget being hot, the temps dropped like a rock overnight and now she comfy as a lark. Electrolytes might not be a bad idea anyway after everything I have put her through.

Yep... she looks just like my White Rock... very sweet bird.
smile.png

Good work on her... most people would not have worked with her this long, and just put her down (probably not anyone on this forum, though! LOL!)
She's very lucky to have you as her Chookie-mum.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom