Wounded Chicken

Is it normal for her to stay by the fence and let the others peck her. The pecks don't look overly nasty and most appear to be like pruning however I just found it strange (from a human perspective 😅)

Hi everyone.

I'm potentially going to be doing a supervised introduction this weekend between Elsa and the other hens (depending on how her wound looks when I check it tonight)

I have a few questions if any of you have advice please?

1. Should I remove the 'bully' chicken?

2. What can I expect from both the hens and Elsa?

3. How long should I make the integration?

4. Any other advice welcome.

Just wanted to share a picture of Elsa's progress.

I haven't bathed or checked her for around 5 days and couldn't believe the improvement since I last saw it.

Still wondering how long to leave it before I reintroduce, seems like I may as well wait another week now and let it completely heal and go scab free?

Attachments

• 20220919_173426.jpg
    20220919_173426.jpg
    552.2 KB · Views: 5
Wow! That looks great! I heard of two weeks of see but no touch. However since you have a bully, you may need to jail the bully for v reintegration.
Hi @SmiYa0126

Thanks, I'm really pleased with how she's healed to be fair ☺️

Noted, thank you.

How long do you think I should keep the bully segregated? Should I put her into the isolation pen in the run (swapped with Elsa) or remove her into the coop all together do you think?

That's great! I would try to integrate when you're home so you can keep an eye on them. Put her in the coop to roost when it's dark so it's like she was always there.

Back
Top Bottom