Wow chicks are addictive

brezlynsmom

In the Brooder
9 Years
Dec 26, 2010
Eastern Iowa
I have a coop with 20 bantams in it. Hubby bought me a incubator for xmas without me even asking for it. So I hatched 7 bantams late January. Now I have 40 eggs incubating should hatch around April 7. Mom just called me and said she bought me a dozen pullets for my birthday. Thinking I will be building a few new coops soon. I have ducks i'm trying to get eggs from to see if can hatch them. I stay at home so this is my new job - raising poultry. Not sure what chickens I will be getting next but plan on going to a few swaps and see what I come home with. Hubby says two legs are better than 4. I have 2 rabbits - pot bellied pig - pygmy goat - mini donkey - 2 mini horse - quarter horse - 5 ducks - cats and a dog along with the chickens.

Wow, you do have a mini farm going there! What kind of pullets did your mom get you?

Welcome and enjoy, but beware, this place is almost as addictive as the birds are....

lol you sound alot like me!

I have 30 laying hens, 1 rooster, 10 ducks (hoping to have babies soon!) 9 new chicks, 8 rabbits (3 are due to kindle in 4 days). 2 cats, 1 puppy (7weeks old), will get 125 chicks on Thursday, and we bought an incubator today...

oh and we have cows and calves too.

and I have a 3 1/2 year old son and an almost 2 year old daughter...

It is just craziness around here...

Welcome to my world. As you have found out you can't have just one chicken, and one thing allways leads to another.
Happy breeding and incubating. Hope your hatch goes well!!

what a thoughtful hubby and mother you have. My family has always hoped I'd outgrow any of my passions. I didn't even without any moral support.

and i brought home 6 more chicks from Thiesen's today - hubby just smiles at me!! and it's too cold out so I have 18 chicks in my scrapbook room in the basement....

Back
Top Bottom