Wow I can't believe I'm doing this, lol - Quick update

Fierlin1182

powered-flight
8 Years
Aug 26, 2011
I'm nominating for student council at my school. It's a pretty cool position to have, but everyone knows you've got a good chance at getting on if you're popular (because the voting happens with the Yr 10-12 students) and I most certainly am not. Anyway, I have a minute, like the other nominees, to do a bit of an impromptu speech at assembly next Monday. Wish me luck!!

Last edited:
Lots of good luck! I'm sure your speech will be great
thumbsup.gif

Thanks guys. :D :D I hope I can at least rack up a few votes, even if I don't get on. I think the teachers get votes too, which is good. My maths teacher said she'd nominate me, we're always paying each other out in class and it's a hoot. :p And I'm not a total billy no mates, I have a couple of good pals scattered throughout the masses :lol:

Last edited:
I will. :p
My nomination letter looks hideous pinned up on the board next to everyone else's. I obviously didn't have the insight to give it some aesthetic appeal when I was writing it :lau
My friend and I attacked the thing with highlighters yesterday in an attempt to spruce it up a bit.

:yuckyuck

Anywho, I was very surprised today. The letters have been up for a day and I've had many folks, some whom I haven't spoken to in a long time since we split SACE/IB at the start of the year, come and tell me they thought my letter was a hoot. It must've been that I forgot to write "Dear Mrs ____ and Students" and instead wrote "Hi folks". :oops:

Back
Top Bottom