Wow! What an exciting day! (Update...not so exciting afterall!)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Chickerdoodle13, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    So since my mom is in a strange mood tonight and all my friends are asleep, I might as well tell you guys!

Last Friday, a guy at work asked me for my phone number to give me an update about a sick girl who I treated. He was going to bring her home since they had been family friends. He called me later that night to tell me she was ok, and then later texted me to say he had brought her to the doctors. Then he texted me a few more times telling me he thought it was really cool how I was able to treat her with my first aid kit (I am an EMT) and he said he was thinking about joining a local squad. I didn't think anything of it and I only really saw him in passing at the store.

Today he came and sat at my table at lunch after the rest of my little group got up to walk around in the store and we were talking alittle bit. He started telling me that he is going to Maine next week because he grew up there and he can't wait for our county fair next week. He was telling me how he'll take the back woods country over city life any day. I told him that I took the whole week off to go to the fair and I would be running things at the poultry building. One thing led to another and he mentioned he was going to the Tuesday night demolition derby. I mentioned that I had always wanted to go to one, but no one ever wanted to go with me. He said "I'll go with you" and I mentioned that that would be really nice and I could buy the tickets early in the day before they sell out. Again, didn't really think anything about it, but my girl friend comes over and tells me that he just asked me on a date. I didn't really believe her.

After work I got curious so I sent him a text to say that I have a fair pass and could probably get him into the fair free. He says that's awesome and then asks me what I am doing for the night. Unfortunately I already had plans with my uncle to see Inception, but he had wanted to ask me to go out with him that night. What a surprise that was!

So I am very happy, and very surprised! I had talked to him at work a few times, but never suspected that he liked me. I always thought he was a very nice person and it was nice to find out we have some things in common! Haha, he also seems normal enough, which is most thrilling for me! I always tend to attract strange people LOL

Hopefully I didn't bore you too much with my excitement! [​IMG] I'm 21, but I've never been on a date before. This whole thing is very new to me!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG] Congrats! I hope you have a wonderful time!

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Very cool!!! Have fun!!! [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    How exciting!

5. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    oooo can I live vicariously through you? haha

6. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    LOL, I feel like a little kid, I'm so excited! It's a nice feeling to know someone likes you though, and to not have any doubt about it! Previously I always felt like there was so much mystery...Does he like me, or is he just acting funny? [​IMG] You guys are worse than girls sometimes!

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, it's about time someone finally saw the real you. Good for you! Have a great time.

Word of advice from an old lady of 53:

Never accept anything less than respect from any man, or for that matter, any person. You deserve it. And no one can really disrespect you unless you let them. I rarely give personal advice on the forum, but that is the best thing I can tell you as you begin your dating career.

8. SpeckledHills

SpeckledHills Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    I'd felt odd when I only went on 4 or 5 dates prior to my first boyfriend at 29 [​IMG] I've come to find out there are quite a lot of people who don't date a lot at first--don't feel too alone in that!
    Congrats on the new romantic interest! Lots of fun! [​IMG]

9. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Good for you! I hope that you have a great time at the derby and the fair.

10. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Sounds like a nice guy! Have fun. [​IMG]

And great advice from Speckledhen (as always). [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by