Writing contest

Rules:
  1. no stealing stories/ideas
  2. When we vote you CANNOT vote for yourself
  3. you CAN use an Tv show/book as an Idea- but NO COPYING IT!!
  4. If you use a book/Tv show as an idea, you HAVE to tell me!!!
  5. No swearing, and what you post MUST be aproppiate for all ages!!
  6. Follow BYC rules!
People who may like to join :
@Starburst @CrazyCochin @Alyssa-Bee @RoosterWhisperer @LittleBigBantam @cluckmecoop7 @Crestcrazy @Crestcrazy2 @KaLe dA QuAiL @EmmaRainboe @Pullet Press @Pullet Pamperer @TwoCrows @anybody
Thanks for the mention, once i finish it, i will post it, and it is fireman sam based!

Okay! Here is mine!!!

It's called Doors.
The first line is based on a writing prompt that I found on the internet, the rest is all mine!

“You know…” he said with a mischievous smile, “There’s nothing as tempting as a locked door.”
I tilted my head at him. He’d practically crashed into my life four months ago, bringing excitement and insanity.
Here we were, in the alley behind an apartment building, and there was a door.
Doors were normal in the city. They went into restaurants, apartments, utility rooms, closets, supermarkets, gas stations, you name it. Everything had a door. Not all doors were locked, though, and a locked door was a challenge for a thief like me.
Yes, you read that right.
Thief.
As in, taking things that weren’t mine and not planning on returning them.
Well, you’re only in trouble if you get caught. And I’ve only ever gotten caught once. Heron caught me. I was sure that I was done for, but then he surprised me.
“You look like someone who’s just trying to make their way through the world,” he had said. “What’s your name?”
Lili. My name is Lili.
And we’ve hung out ever since.
Him, disappearing through doors, and me, stealing for a living.
I've stolen for years, and I can't remember a time when stealing wasn't part of my daily routine.
“Agreed,” I replied. “We'll just have to unlock it.”
And I got to work.
Learning to pick locks is like learning a language. Once you're fluent, it's easy. But there are always new dialects and slang that pops up, threatening to thwart your understanding.
This, luckily, wasn't one of those times.
I pushed the door open, wondering when in the world this would lead.
I couldn’t have been more surprised.
“Wow,” Heron whispered.
I was dumbfounded. I would have never imagined this.
“We’re gonna be rich,” I told him, as I began to walk around the room.
It was a display room, every piece underneath a bright light, and the rest of the room eerily dark. I kept my head down - the tell-tale lights of security cameras blinking from the four corners. This was a treasure trove.
I walked up to the first glass case. Inside was a ring with a giant diamond, liberally surrounded by other jewels of many colors. It sparkled underneath the showcase light, and I could tell the jeweler had spared no expense.
In the next, a necklace positively dripping with sapphires. It screamed of class, wealth, and ballgowns.
I progressed further and further down the row, each piece getting more extravagant - and definitely more expensive - as I went on.
This room, maybe only 12 by 12 feet, held hundreds of thousands of dollars. Maybe more.
And I was soon going to be in possession of it all.
But not quite yet.
I walked past Heron, grabbing his hand. He was still standing at the threshold, in awe of the precious jewels. My touch jerked him out of his trance, and he made a face, showing his displeasure of being ripped out of his wonder.
“Lili!” He said disapprovingly as I shut the door. The door that certainly held my future. “What are you doing?! That’ll set us up for life!”
I locked the door again.
“Oh I know,” I told him. “We’re coming back. But with a plan this time.”
I took a week to plan out the heist, looking at every single detail from sixty different angles. Heron was there some of the time, bringing me coffee and donuts that he had nicked from the gas station and offering different views on various schemes.
But he wasn’t around as much as usual. He claimed he was busy.
With what, he wouldn’t say.
I wrote it off to his natural tendency to wander. Too much time in one place and he got bored. He’d leave for a day sometimes, maybe even two, and then come back - telling wild tales of dragons and mermaids. Pirates and elves.
He was an amazing storyteller, and his stories always left goosebumps on my arms and it made me want to wander to these places myself.
But this week, he had no narratives to share, and I found this unusual. I didn’t bring it up, and left him to his own devices. He’d come back around when he wanted to.
The day before I was a nervous wreck. Heron was too. I sat, agonizing over the plans, going over every detail twice, and twice more. And twice more.
Heron didn’t say much, and he didn’t eat much either.
The sun set, and the night was upon us.
We followed the shadows, back to the alley, back to the door.
The door of challenge. Behind this door were riches beyond my belief. Behind it was a new life. A new chance.
My hands shook as I played with the lock, adrenaline pulsing through my veins.
Breath in. Breath out.
Heron waited behind me, bouncing from one foot to the other.
I pulled the door open again, going over the plans in my mind.
And I was blinded.
Instead of the dark interior, a giant spotlight shone in my eyes. People rushed past me, and I felt the cool metal wrapped around my wrists before I could begin to comprehend what was happening. When my eyes finally adjusted, I saw them.
Blue suits with badges.
Police.
“Lili Kinish,” the officer said, “You are under arrest for the attempted robbery of this vault. You have the right to remain silent...”
I listened, my brain not quite comprehending what this meant.
It hit me soon enough though, I was being arrested.
The officer finished going through my rights. I had nothing to say.
I turned around and was forced towards the cop cars that I had failed to notice as I snuck towards my end goal. Towards the door.
Red, white, and blue lights flashed in the dark. They were a strong contrast to the glitter of the jewels that I knew rested safely in their cases.
I was going to jail.
Where was Heron? I looked around as I made the solemn walk to the car. There! Standing next to an officer, uncuffed… and seemingly in conversation?
“Heron!” I shouted. “Heron!”
The officer contained me, even as I struggled.
Heron walked over to me, meekly. Something was off about all of this.
“Hey Lili,” he said, rubbing the back of his neck, keeping his blue-eyed gaze focused on my feet.
“Heron,” I said suspiciously.
“Goodbye, Lili.” He said after a few moments of silence. “I’m sorry.”
A female officer put her hand on his shoulder and led him to a second car, where he got in under his own power.
I was shoved into the car. Through another door.
Goodbye, Lili echoed through my head. I’m sorry, he had said.
Traitor.

Oh my! That story is way better than mine! I've got another story planned though which should be kind of good. I still need more practice in writing.
I've been practicing for a couple of years now, and I learn something new with each story! I'm sure your new one will be amazing! Every story you write, whether a novel or a fanfiction, is practice, and it can help you improve :)

Back
Top Bottom