Wrong Delivery - Got Barred Rocks STR Chicks and not Buff Orp Pullets

Thanks everyone for your comments here. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the 30 Buff chicks around April 23 . . . Next week !

I gotta share these BR's are G-R-R-R-E-A-T! It appears indeed there are a couple Roos in our lot of the original 9. 29 were split between three of us. Each of us have ended up with 8. Thankfully we live on a farm and have spacious accommodations for the arrive of the BO's.

The last 7 weeks have been learning, by observation. The Great Snag - the comments on the butchering have been noted. These BR's are very friendly. They greet me in the late afternoon when I get home from work - I'm the evening tender of the flock. I kneel down in their yard off their coop, and they run to me hopping on my legs and arms letting me touch them and pick them up too.

I'm pretty laid back on the hatchery. They offered to make it right and I was willing to allow them the opportunity!. Hopefully they come through and I'll be singing their praises. :) I'll be updating this post.

I have barred rocks, buff orps, along with rirs, silver wyandottes, and one california white. Out of all of them, the BRs and the BOs are the friendliest. The others aren't bad, except for one rir who is very timid, but the BRs and BOs are the best!!!

For me and my dollars spent you are so much better off with the Barred Rock. They are very hearty birds, and friendly, as you found out. Plus lay a better egg. I've gone overboard with Wyandottes. Love um.

Day old Buff Chicks Arrived Right on Time!
I thankfully have nine 8 week old healthy BR's and now 30 Buff Orp pullets. These chicks arrived right on time and excellent condition yesterday. I'm 8 weeks smarter as a chicken owner now and have more confidence in being able to help others here get through the 'newbie' stage of raising chickens.

Meyer Hatchery made good on their original error. I would order from them again. This time around I stayed on top of 'My Account', on their web site, where it tells you the status of your order. On Monday it stated my order was processed. There was a link provided for the tracking number, and the chicks arrived on Tuesday.

I wanted to provide a positive update
D.gif
Thanks for all the comments here.

Back
Top Bottom