Wrong nutrition??

chickybae

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 17, 2014
I need help...I am feeding my chickens 20% layer pellets, and they free range. They eat so much, but are losing weight. :/ is there something else I'm supposed to feed them, or can I add something to their feed?? I really want my chickens fat and healthy.

I need help...I am feeding my chickens 20% layer pellets, and they free range. They eat so much, but are losing weight.
hmm.png
is there something else I'm supposed to feed them, or can I add something to their feed?? I really want my chickens fat and healthy.

What's your weather been like?
Have the ever been wormed?

Last edited:
The weather? It has been extremely hot! In the 100's. They have been deformed about a month ago, and it didn't seem to help much with the weight. :/

What kind of chickens and what age are they?
Can you post a picture of them?

I have all different kinds. Black austroplorp, Cochin, Polish, Rhode Island Red, barred rock, Americana, and frizzle. They range in age from 1 yr- 5yrs

I have all different kinds. Black austroplorp, Cochin, Polish, Rhode Island Red, barred rock, Americana, and frizzle. They range in age from 1 yr- 5yrs

They are ALL losing weight?
Or just some?

Pictures of how skinny they are?

Yes, it's all of them, even the roo. I can not get a picture on how skinny they are, it doesn't show. But you can feel every bone under them. They are all running around eating and drinking and being happy.

If they are active and healthy, don't worry. You are supposed to be able to feel the keel bone in chickens. Have you actually weighed them and tracked their weight? Or are you just going by 'feel'?

Check them for mites or anything like that? Otherwise if they're eating, drinking and pooping normal (or semi normal dang heat!) don't worry too much

Back
Top Bottom