Wry neck. Help!!!

Mummak

In the Brooder
Jun 5, 2021
Kent, UK
Hello, im turning to my friends here who are a wealth of knowledge!!

ok, so silkies.
I believe my new girl has Wry neck!!
Usual symptoms, neck problems.

shes new, been in isolation for a week ( in her egu coop n run IN the main fenced of run)

all going well, been integrating her over the past couple days, pecking order sorted.and she seems pleased to finally be with the flock.

however, when I purchased her, i was told she had been retuned by a customer as she had a neck injury but she was fine now. Ok, we bought her( she’s gorgeous)
Sweet girl.

but, over the past two days and alot today, shes star gazing! Im 💯 sure its Wry neck ( poor thing) shes now back in isolation after just getting out!!

questions....
Should I isolate her? Maybe only if i see she getting picked on ?
Medication? Up her vitamins broccoli, spinach etc, scrambled egg maybe?
What else can i do to treat it please?
or is it a vet visit?

i will see what shes like tomorrow as its only just come on, maybe its the stress of it all thats brought it back on! As she didnt seem to have it when she was isolating.

any advice would be grateful

thank you guys

Photos? Video? (upload video to youtube and provide a link)

Returned? Could be stress induced Wry Neck. Possibly Marek's.

Try vitamin therapy. Give 400IU Vitamin E, 1/4 tablet B-Complex and egg daily. This is in addition to her eating a nutritionally balanced poultry feed free choice.

Photos? Video? (upload video to youtube and provide a link)

Returned? Could be stress induced Wry Neck. Possibly Marek's.

Try vitamin therapy. Give 400IU Vitamin E, 1/4 tablet B-Complex and egg daily. This is in addition to her eating a nutritionally balanced poultry feed free choice.
Thankyou for your reply, shes just had scrambled egg with broccoli and spinach, i agree think its stress induced.
ill get the vitamins
No wry neck this morning so far... seems to come n go.

Thankyou for your reply, shes just had scrambled egg with broccoli and spinach, i agree think its stress induced.
ill get the vitamins
No wry neck this morning so far... seems to come n go.
The best thing my vet suggests for wry neck is poly-vi-sol WITHOUT iron. It has a good amount of B12 in it and other vitamins she may be deficient in. It's a pediatric liquid vitamin available at Walmart

Back
Top Bottom