WTB - A Buff Orpington and a Rhode Island Red pullet - Garland, Texas

civ_civ_chick

Hatching
9 Years
Jul 9, 2010
Garland
Hi,

My children and I really want to buy a couple more chickens (Buff Orpington and Rhode Island Red pullets) before the cold weather/winter sets in. As we can only get 2 or maybe 3 more, I'm very limited to where I can buy them. It's even harder to buy them day old. Therefore, I'm looking for a few young birds (females only). We want them young so that they can grow with us and trust us, as we have them as pets first and then as breakfast layers.

We currently have 2, that are mixed (Leghorn & barred Plymouth?), that we incubated from a friends farm. And I must say they're spoiled. They expect us to hand feed them grubs when we dig out back and if we don't give them treats at least twice a day, they will come to the door and let us know they are waiting...we sure love 'em. Out of my 3 kids (2 boys, 7 girl) my daughter especially loves them and spends a lot of time with them. I usually find her holding & petting 'Skeeter' while on the swings.

If you have or know someone who has either/both of these breeds (females only) I would truly appreciate the information!

We live in Garland, Texas and hope to find someone pretty close so we can pick them up. However, we are open to suggestions as where else we may purchase/buy them.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Maria
'civ-civ-chick'

I live in Alvarado Tx, off of I 35 and hwy 67.
I have RIR pullets that were born May 26, I also have some Plymouth Rocks and maybe some Speckled Sussex or Gols Lace Wyandottes, not sure if I want to get rid of any of them.
They are $10.00 each, they free range are "pretty Friendly" and are in good health.
I have some Orps but I am not selling those. I also Have Turkens, the same age and younger they are great egg layers and very friendly.
Terri

Back
Top Bottom