1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WTB Yellow Golden or Lady Amherst Pheasants

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by texpainthorse, Aug 28, 2014.

1. texpainthorse

texpainthorse Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2014
    I am looking for Yellow Golden Breeders and Lady Amherst Breeders. I have plenty of Red Golden. I am in Central Texas. Please pm me with details.
    Thank you!

2. royalron

royalron Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2014
    i have red golden but have not a clew what to sell them for can you tell me and thank you for your time. Ron

3. texpainthorse

May 20, 2014
    Hi Ron,
    I bought a TRIO for $80.00 that were about 6 months old. Then I bought 2 pairs from an exotic sale that were priced at $18.00 a bird, about the same age as the first, so I paid $72. . I see chicks go from $10 - $15 each.
    Actual breeding pairs I see go for $75-$125!. Mine were very young so I got them a lot cheaper.

I know that is rather vague but those are the prices I see.

Good luck!
    Ginger

4. royalron

royalron Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2014
    i think i got a good deal i got 5 for 20 bucks yes they are young id say when i got them 2 month and now there about 3 months.something else id like to know when will i know there sex and when or what age do they lay eggs. thanks again for your time Ron

5. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    You got a real good deal.If you look at their eyes,the iris of the male will be blue or a cream color,the hen will be brown.They willy next spring and they will be fertile.
    In N.H.,Tony.

6. texpainthorse

May 20, 2014
    [​IMG]

Pics of young pair. She has a scar on her head. Was pretty badly beaten up when I got her.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by