Wtf!!

We have her inside cleaned her up. She is in shock she doesn’t respond to us saying her name but she has been drinking and she ate (not much but some) she finally laid down this afternoon and isn’t shaking anymore. Her bleeding stoped around noon. But she seems to be doing better.
Just heart broken that I didn’t hear them yelling for help! my neighbor texted me saying my ducks were going crazy but I didn’t hear the text either! 😢
I'm glad she seems to be doing better.

I hope you're not blaming yourself. Everything wants to hurt our birds. We can't be there all the time.
:hugs

I'm glad she seems to be doing better.

I hope you're not blaming yourself. Everything wants to hurt our birds. We can't be there all the time.
:hugs
Your right. Only blaming myself because I normally lock them in their house at night but My back was hurting and I didn’t feel up to chasing gypsy around to put her up… she doesn’t like her house she likes to sleep in the duck pool. Today is just a bad day… I hope you have a great night/morning thank you so much for the kind words

I hope it makes a fast recovery! Please keep it inside in a quiet warm place out of bright light after cleaning it good.Its going to need antibiotics. Most foxes kill them and carry them to their dens where they eat them. They only leave dead carcasses or leave nothing at all.I don't know what might chew their faces but not eat them unless maybe a rat?

I'm sorry for your loss and your poor injured ducker.

The predator could be a few things. Dog, racoon, possum. Hard to say. Moving forward you need to put them in a secure area at night. The perimeter fence isn't going to keep them safe as you tragically found out. It will keep them in, but it's not going to keep predators out.

Hope your girl heals well!

I would lean heavily towards it being a dog attack. Raccoons like to eat organ meat and will usually eat the body cavity out.

Dogs kill for fun, not to eat. They'll often 'play' the animal to death (shake it, jump on it, bite it, chew it) and then leave it without really eating anything.

So sorry for your loss and I hope your other girl recovers quickly. ❤️

:welcome :frow So sorry for your loss. I could also have been an owl. They will also do that. If you have a camera put it because whatever it was will be back and then you will know what you're dealing with. Good luck...
I have several cameras up around on my property. Hardly a night when the predators roam here, where I don't see a predator on at least one of the cameras. Again good luck...
lately I've been seeing this coyote.

I'm sorry for your loss and your poor injured ducker.

The predator could be a few things. Dog, racoon, possum. Hard to say. Moving forward you need to put them in a secure area at night. The perimeter fence isn't going to keep them safe as you tragically found out. It will keep them in, but it's not going to keep predators out.

Hope your girl heals well!
I normally lock them in their house every night but that night my back was hurting and I wasn’t able to chase gypsy around to put her up. My kids are to young to catch her so they were not able either. But thank you so much

Back
Top Bottom