Wyandotte breeders!

Actually I have never noticed that so I will have to go pay closer attention to it.Yeah for hatchery girls they have some good lacing and great temperment.

Last edited:
wyandottesandorps004.jpg

Here is the darkest blue one and she has nice lacing too.The other one is in between these two in color.

Quote:
Katy, you have some of the most beautiful BLR's I've seen on here!! Do you sell or have plans to sell eggs from these pictured? I would be interested in purchasing some if not right now maybe down the road.

Quote:
Pretty, deep Mahogany coloring within your stock!! There are some breeders of the BLR Wyandotte who are really serious about the genetics I'm sure they would appreciate the depth of that coloring. I only wish the blue was more prominent for your foundation stock, have you gotten into the genetics of breeding them to bring the colors and lacing forefront ? I bet it wouldn't take much.
Good luck and best wishes on your endeavor.

Hi TsaLaGi Acres,

Thank you for your comments. By "prominent" do you mean darker? I'm new at breeding this breed, but it was my understanding that the blue should be "medium". I quite prefer a lighter, more striking blue myself, but I would rather prefer to breed the standard than whatever I think is pretty. So I would definitely appreciate any suggestions about how to get there. I'm quite serious about breeding these beautiful birds.

Yes, I do understand the genetics. I've just started breeding these two this summer and I'm hoping to get a good black hen and a good splash hen so I can modify the blue as needed. I don't have acceptable hens of these varieties for breeding yet.

I got these birds as chicks from a breeder in south Florida. I didn't get nearly as many good females as I wanted, but had a pretty excellent pick of males. I initially kept this blue hen, a splash, a black, and another hen that was all messed up that I didn't plan on breeding anyway. I have since given up the splash, as she was too small and not laying properly, but she also had excellent coloring. The "messed up" hen has turned out to be a really good brooder, and my black is way too brassy.

This is a picture of my "ideal" BLR. This bird is why I decided to go into breeding these birds and it's what I'm aiming for:

BeautyAltered.JPEG

What are your thoughts?

Thanks for your help.

Quote:
I'm not real educated in this breed but have read everything I can get my hands on about it because I just fell in love with it. That pic' is just beautiful isn't it?? That will be my goal as well (when we start breeding them). I have yet to gather any birds or eggs but would love to have some. Here is a site that I found and was quite impressed with the info and coloring of his birds. file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/KindredSpiritt/Desktop/Seramas.htm I think this might be the way to go if you want the 'real deal' and hopefully I'm steering you in the right direction. There is another breeder on here that has just beautiful birds but I'm still waiting to hear back if she's breeding or has any eggs for sale.. Please stay in touch as I do eventually want to a start with these birds and just might be you that I'm bugging about it lol

Excellent, I have added you to my buddy list then.

The link you provided isn't working. Would you be able to re-post it? I'd love to see it.

Back
Top Bottom