"Wyandotte" chicks: gender/breed help :) PIC HEAVY!

acemario

Crowing
11 Years
Mar 22, 2012
Northern Utah
I just got three hens to add to the flock. I have never seen Wyandotte chicks before, so I wasn't sure what to get. The chicks were straight run and ranged from one to four months old (the owner just let the hens hatch all spring). I got the ones that looked the oldest and most henny. Please let me know how I did. I'm also not sure if the breeds are accurate...

PARENTS: Here are the supposed parents. There is one silver laced wyandotte and two blue laced red wyandotte hens. The rooster is a blue laced red as well.

Chick #1: I think it's a silver laced... this is the smallest. fully feathered... maybe 11 or 12 weeks old?

Chick #2: blue laced red wyandotte? Pullet? 10 weeksish?

(When it jumped out of my hands and ran for its life. It hated its photo shoot...)

"Chick" #3: The owner claims this chicken came from the silver laced hen. He had recently purchased her and wonders if the hen still had rooster juice from its previous flock. The comb is single, which is strange... He said this is one of the oldest at about four months...

Any help would be welcomed!!!! Breed, sex, gender?!?

I agree, they look like all girls. The first is a SL. The second-I'm not sure what color that is supposed to be. It is not a "typical" wyandotte color. Her rooster looks to be either a poorly colored(brassy) BLR or a Gold laced-her hens look to be splash BLR. The last one-totally not sure. Wyandottes can occationally have a single come-but that usually comes more from hatchery stock(they mix in other things to improve fertility). It looks the same color as my blue wyandottes-but with the wrong comb- what do it's legs look like?

Back
Top Bottom