Wyandotte Chicks?

FlyAnywayAJ

Songster
5 Years
Aug 5, 2017
Anyone have pics of day old Wyandotte chicks? I think my EE rooster jumped the fence into my Wyandotte pen cuz my chicks don’t look like their papa! I’ve never hatched Wyandotte’s before so I don’t know what they’re supposed to look like though!
Thanks!!

Anyone have pics of day old Wyandotte chicks? I think my EE rooster jumped the fence into my Wyandotte pen cuz my chicks don’t look like their papa! I’ve never hatched Wyandotte’s before so I don’t know what they’re supposed to look like though!
Thanks!!
These were 8 days old. Black laced silver Wyandottes.
20200310_115455.jpg

Wow, they are all adorable. I have a gold laced blue rooster with red laced and silver laced hens. The babies look nothing like these with the exception of three which look like springchick91's baby. I think my darn EE rooster has been sneaking into the Wyandotte pen. The good news is people love EEs so all my babies got new homes!

Your chicks will have 'odd' colors anyway, because of the color mixing you've done. I have no idea what they will look like, but maybe someone in the show/ breeding thread will have ideas.
EE cross chicks may have muffs and develop those green legs.
Mary

Your chicks will have 'odd' colors anyway, because of the color mixing you've done. I have no idea what they will look like, but maybe someone in the show/ breeding thread will have ideas.
EE cross chicks may have muffs and develop those green legs.
Mary

Well they sure had muffs! That was my first clue my EE was an escape artist because I doubt Wyandottes have them ever! Cutest mutt chicks though! lol

Back
Top Bottom