Wyoming Chicken Lover!

HELLO!!!! We need to count to see how many of us are on here!
What do you raise???
Ayda
Hi Ayda :) We have six 8-week old chicks right now. 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Barred Rock, 1 EE, 1 RIR, and 2 Black Australorps. I'm head over heels about all of them, and so far it's looking like I possibly lucked out with all pullets. I'm one of those that can't have roosters in town. But this is our first go-around with chickens and we are loving it!

Thanks,
The sadness is made a bit easier by having 13 new babies hatch today..
jumpy.gif

So sorry to hear of the losses. :(

Have to agree though.. having new babies hatch is a pretty fun way to help you get through it. :)

I am outside of Casper and have the breeds listed in my signature. I currently have French Black Copper Marans, showgirl/silkies, cream legbars, red shouldered yokohamas and some americauna/aracauna mixes in my my incubators. :)

Those silkies are super cute! I have a few silkie eggs in the incubator, but they are shipped eggs and every single one had detached sacs. Of the 10 she sent it appears only two are developing. I really wanted a good silkie roo to breed back to my NN hens. Thanks for sharing your picture. I have 6 cream legbars on lockdown now..hoping they all hatch.
fl.gif

What color Silkie Roo do you want?? I have some silkies that I hatched out about 2 months ago and am thinking 2 are roos
ayda

I would prefer white, but really, I would probably be happy with any color as long as it is nice. I have one black NN with a beautiful bowtie that is coming in with some red, she also has red on her head. All of my others are buff to red...so whatever would mix well with that. I just really love all my NN, they have sweet personalities.

What colors do you have? Do you have any showgirls or just silkies?

omg NN are not the cutest chicks LOL I saw some, but after a few minutes of looking at them they did grow on me!! I do have a pair of white silkies, they are gorgeous. She will be laying soon I hope!! I also have a lavender and blue rooster with lav, blue, black hens , I have blue, black, and lavender chicks, but are so young I don't know the sex yet!
Keep in touch
Ayda

Back
Top Bottom