Wyoming Unite!!!!

Hi, everybody. I’m east of Cheyenne and I have to tear out my garden today 😭

Back in June I had 3 broody hens hatch 2 eggs each and last night I finally moved them in with the other chickens. They were in the summer coop (hoop house) in the rabbit colony but it isn’t substantial enough for winter. I am so sad that summer is over, even though the heat has been brutal.
Welcome to the thread. I think we are all going to have to salvage as much as possible from our gardens today. I started picking mine yesterday.

I pulled out half of my zucchini plants yesterday and gave them to my goats. Today I am harvesting everything else. I was late starting my tomatoes and peppers so the full sized ones will have to ripen in the house but a lot of them are immature. ☹

I am trying to add some photos but the one I took vertically is sideways in the thumbnail. How can I fix that?

Attachments

• FDECC141-96AE-4929-B81B-1FD4AA506690.jpeg
    FDECC141-96AE-4929-B81B-1FD4AA506690.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 1
  • BB7B17D4-FA82-4F15-B44A-3115619A61CB.jpeg
    BB7B17D4-FA82-4F15-B44A-3115619A61CB.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 1
I pulled out half of my zucchini plants yesterday and gave them to my goats. Today I am harvesting everything else. I was late starting my tomatoes and peppers so the full sized ones will have to ripen in the house but a lot of them are immature. ☹

I am trying to add some photos but the one I took vertically is sideways in the thumbnail. How can I fix that?
They used to have an option to rotate pictures before but it looks like it is gone. Any decent image software will have the ability to rotate pictures for you.

You could start a thread about it in the Announcements, Feedback, Issues and Guides forum. I am sure that others would like to know if BYC provides the ability to rotate pictures and how to do it.

After a high of 65°F at 9 AM, it is now down to a new low of 44°F right now. The wind is howling in from the north and the temperature is continuing to drop.

I picked what I could from th garden. I did not feel the need to pick the root crops. I have lots of green tomatoes some of which need to be turned into green tomato relish.

DH says 4" on the hood of the plow truck, but while I use a ruler or biometrics (which means I stick my finger in), he uses his active imagination. :lau I'm calling it at 2.5-3.0"

In happier news, it is currently 35° F, not 16°. Yet. That appalling temperature is actually tomorrow's threat. Today's was 5-9" of sloppy, wet snow. I guess we'll see. 🙏🙏🙏

I am doing guesstimation at around 2" so far. I will measure it with a measuring tape around midnight. It is heavy and wet and weighing the trees down badly. I am expecting lots of broken branches in the morning.

I will probably take a stick and a walk after midnight. Hopefully I will be able to save some of the trees.

It is currently 33°F which is not that far from the predicted 29°F for today. Tomorrow is when the 19°F is forecast.

I did break down and light a fire tonight.

I am doing guesstimation at around 2" so far. I will measure it with a measuring tape around midnight. It is heavy and wet and weighing the trees down badly. I am expecting lots of broken branches in the morning.

I will probably take a stick and a walk after midnight. Hopefully I will be able to save some of the trees.

It is currently 33°F which is not that far from the predicted 29°F for today. Tomorrow is when the 19°F is forecast.

I did break down and light a fire tonight.
Yes, I got a bit mixed up about last night being the cold one. Looks like around six inches. Not letting anyone out just yet. The turkeys haven't even hopped down. It doesn't look like we got a lot of tree damage, but we don't have the amazing canopy to look after that you do. Looks like the formerly predicted warm-up will not be as vigorous as hoped. 😕

Yes, I got a bit mixed up about last night being the cold one. Looks like around six inches. Not letting anyone out just yet. The turkeys haven't even hopped down. It doesn't look like we got a lot of tree damage, but we don't have the amazing canopy to look after that you do. Looks like the formerly predicted warm-up will not be as vigorous as hoped. 😕
There was 2 1/4" by midnight and another 2" this morning. The low so far has been 31°F. I saved a couple of trees after midnight. The wind came up and helped keep the snow from sticking to the trees. There are going to be broken branches especially with the Russian Olives which were already hanging low due to to massive crop of olives.

The tom was the only one still on the roost this morning.
full

full

The deck at midnight last night.
full

The garden this morning.
full

full

full

Back
Top Bottom