Wyoming Unite!!!!

Looks like my Buff Orpington rooster has frostbite on his comb from this last cold snap ☹️ Last year my Ameraucana/EE rooster went the whole winter with no frostbite... I want to keep a good sized rooster to raise my own meat birds but I’m pretty disappointed with this comb.
BAB0459A-F6DD-4254-B067-DABC0EDA037C.jpeg

What kind of roosters do you all keep and do you deal with frostbite every winter?

Looks like my Buff Orpington rooster has frostbite on his comb from this last cold snap ☹ Last year my Ameraucana/EE rooster went the whole winter with no frostbite... I want to keep a good sized rooster to raise my own meat birds but I’m pretty disappointed with this comb.
View attachment 2393095

What kind of roosters do you all keep and do you deal with frostbite every winter?
I don't show chickens so I don't worry about frostbite. I have had cream legbar roosters get half their comb dubbed from frostbite. It never seemed to bother them.

I am currently working on Rose Comb Legbars and do have an extra cockerel that someone is welcome to save from the soup pot if they come get him.

I don't show chickens so I don't worry about frostbite. I have had cream legbar roosters get half their comb dubbed from frostbite. It never seemed to bother them.

I am currently working on Rose Comb Legbars and do have an extra cockerel that someone is welcome to save from the soup pot if they come get him.

I am tempted... can you tell me about him and how big that breed normally gets?

Urrg, it turns out that I have to house my mom’s chickens (& rooster) while she and dad are in the process of moving, basically until Christmas. Would you be able to hold on to him until then? I totally understand if you can’t.

Urrg, it turns out that I have to house my mom’s chickens (& rooster) while she and dad are in the process of moving, basically until Christmas. Would you be able to hold on to him until then? I totally understand if you can’t.
If you are serious about really wanting him, I can delay , er, pardon his execution. He will not be around by the first of February one way or the other.

I do have an older rooster that can move up to the head of the line in his place.

I guess I should say no right now, just in case Mom needs me to hold her chickens past Christmas. ☹️

When I get her chickens back to her, I will check in with you and see if you have any roosters at that time. I just don’t want you to count on me when the timing isn’t totally under my control.

I guess I should say no right now, just in case Mom needs me to hold her chickens past Christmas. ☹

When I get her chickens back to her, I will check in with you and see if you have any roosters at that time. I just don’t want you to count on me when the timing isn’t totally under my control.
That is fine. Right now I have four tom turkeys that are ahead of it on the list if no one buys them.

Back
Top Bottom