Wyoming Unite!!!!

This is why I have no birds at the feeder.
full

full

I counted 7 different piles of Collared Dove feathers in the line of juniper trees. It is doing a good job. At one time last winter there were at least 100 Collared Doves hanging around. As late as two weeks ago there were 40. Today I haven't seen any. The evidence indicates that it had a robin for breakfast today.

Last edited:
One makes cotton blowing in the wind and the other doesn't. The cottonless are male trees.
That's what I was reading. Didn't even think of there being a cottonless variety, but it makes sense the males wouldn't produce. I've always liked watching the cotton blow around though. If that's the biggest difference I'd be fine with either/or.

What kind of camera do you use btw? The quality of your photographs are great.

That's what I was reading. Didn't even think of there being a cottonless variety, but it makes sense the males wouldn't produce. I've always liked watching the cotton blow around though. If that's the biggest difference I'd be fine with either/or.

What kind of camera do you use btw? The quality of your photographs are great.
The long discontinued Olympus E-5.

Happy Easter Wyoming!

I want to give a special thanks to @R2elk who generously set me up with a bunch of currant, plum, cottonwood, and more yesterday! Trust me when I say his place is as picturesque as his photography shows. No small feat given the stretch of brush, sand, and wind we're given to work with out here. Seriously impressed by his hard work and dedication. Couldn't have a better example of what I hope to make my own home look like one day.

@R2elk my offer stands anytime you need an extra set of hands! Pulling weeds, shoveling dirt, gardening/harvesting, etc. just let me know what you need. I'll need my own excuse to come see your garden when it's in full bloom this summer!

Happy Easter Wyoming!

I want to give a special thanks to @R2elk who generously set me up with a bunch of currant, plum, cottonwood, and more yesterday! Trust me when I say his place is as picturesque as his photography shows. No small feat given the stretch of brush, sand, and wind we're given to work with out here. Seriously impressed by his hard work and dedication. Couldn't have a better example of what I hope to make my own home look like one day.

@R2elk my offer stands anytime you need an extra set of hands! Pulling weeds, shoveling dirt, gardening/harvesting, etc. just let me know what you need. I'll need my own excuse to come see your garden when it's in full bloom this summer!
I placed an order for some plants be he refused to deliver them to me. 🤬

It got up to 80°F on the 21st. It is currently 31°F. I got trees and gooseberries in yesterday afternoon. By the time I finished planting it was raining on me. I got 1/2" of rain. This morning I am happy that I did not put off planting until today.
20220423_060450_1_1-gif.3075117

All we’ve had is rain, rain, rain. No snow yet. I wish we had a yard….grass….clover….something!! Shoot, I’d even settle for a field of dandelions at this point. I’m so sick of being surrounded by mud laced with Bentonite, and even sicker of having it tracked through the house when the dogs come in. <sigh>

Back
Top Bottom