Wyoming Unite!!!!

I think shes 10-11 weeks. She was eating on her own out of a deep bowl, but this week she seems to never fill her crop. Her cross is very severe. She is sweet i just dont know if i have the time to commit to hand feeding her daily.
Have you looked at some crossbeak threads on here? A lot of people have good luck with them living long lives. Some choose to cull as R2elk said. Here’s a thread someone started about their crossbeak and a lot of people commented. Maybe you could post about yours and someone with familiarity could give you some advice on it?

Have you looked at some crossbeak threads on here? A lot of people have good luck with them living long lives. Some choose to cull as R2elk said. Here’s a thread someone started about their crossbeak and a lot of people commented. Maybe you could post about yours and someone with familiarity could give you some advice on it?
Thank you!

I have had 2 cross beaks over the years, both of them Faverolles. They are usually the sweetest chicks there is to try to raise. They will usually do pretty good for the fist 2 months with special care. But there comes a point where they just can't get enough food and they will slowly starve to death. It's a very hard thing to do to put them down when you have tried so hard to save them. But it's the only kind thing to do. I understand what you are going thru. :hugs :old

I have had 2 cross beaks over the years, both of them Faverolles. They are usually the sweetest chicks there is to try to raise. They will usually do pretty good for the fist 2 months with special care. But there comes a point where they just can't get enough food and they will slowly starve to death. It's a very hard thing to do to put them down when you have tried so hard to save them. But it's the only kind thing to do. I understand what you are going thru. :hugs :old
The earlier that you cull, the easier it is on both you and the chick.

20221202_084803.jpg

There's been 59mph winds here today.

Back
Top Bottom