X-Mas Tree

Me & My Peeps :

I went over to my neighbors tonight and stood up a 7' tree in her backyard. My wife and kids decorated it with lights and the usual "stuff". It was positioned so she could see it while watching TV. It's a long story but - in short - she's never married, never had kids, never had a serious relationship and she's in her 60's. She spent her entire life caring for her parents, as well as her sister and brother as they ALL passed from cancer.

She has always been soo nice to us, she absolutely LOVES my chickens as they remind her of when shen was young. I just felt that she needed a tree this year. After I plugged it in to her lamp post.........she cried and told me " I havent had a tree in almost 20 years"!! So that made me happy, to help someone relive those memories and hopefully put some of her misery to bed.

Plus, I got a "good job" from the wife............so that makes it worth it as well!

That is the sweetest thing
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

My family (parents) have an odd tradition. Tree goes up on Christmas Eve during family celebration and comes down on new years day. Always real. My grand parents also did this. DH and I always put ours up the weekend before Christmas for the kids to enjoy. Putting up 2 real trees in one day is too much. Dad was a fire marshall and says he feels safer this way. Decorated the house inside and out today. Anyone else decorate on Christmas eve?

Quote:
Thanks.......I think that it's one of the few times that I went out of my way - to do the right thing, that it didnt come back on me. I started to feel sad for her and angry with myself - for bringing up those memories for her. But the hug that I got which lasted about 4 minutes, with tears and many many "thank -you's"......made it worth it.
hugs.gif
clap.gif

Quote:
I second that. I hate when the ornaments just lay on the branches of the Doug Firs. With the Nobles they a have room to actually hang. We don't have a tree yet. We end up procrastinating until the last minute. Usually a week or less before Christmas (which is when I do my Christmas shopping too). By the 26th I'm so tired of it being in my house I can't wait to get it out of there. It's like the Christmas music they play on the radio stations, they start it on Thanksgiving and it's non stop until Christmas. Ugh! I love Christmas but why does it have to last a whole month?

Quote:
Ha, only once since I've been married with kids becuase we procrastinate so much but I remember it was a tradition growing up but only because the trees went on sale on Christmas Eve and my dad usually got a real bargain!

doesn't look like we'll be putting the tree up this year. no reason for it. we aren't doing any holiday entertaining, and we won't be expecting santa this year, since my sister's family moved out in the beginning of the year. its just me and my mom this year, as my dad is in a nursing home. my dad was always the most excited about christmas, and the tree was mostly done for his sake. he has his own small tree in his room, even though he doesn't seem to care much about anything these days.

I do have a small tree from last year that I might put up somewhere in my room, though i think the cats will decide its a toy for them, and destroy it. I hate having cats living in my room. sigh.

Back
Top Bottom