Solved xenforo and threadloom differences?

human1

hUMAN
Nov 13, 2020
USA
hello,
I was just wondering...
what is the difference between XenForo and Threadloom? i tried searching the same text with both options, and the results were different.
also, are they just for personal preference, or would one be better to use in a certain situation?

thanks humans

The XenForo search option uses the search engine built into XenForo, the forum software, while the ThreadLoom option uses a third-party search engine that has some additional features.
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/threadloom-search-for-xenforo-2-x.7102/

Though for the sake of accuracy, the XenForo search option here does employ ElasticSearch, through the first-party XF enhanced search add-on, which is required to efficiently index the large amount of posts, but unlike ThreadLoom, XFES doesn't add many additional features that are available to the end user.

Great question!

Yes, they are pretty different technologies provided by two different systems, and the ways they each do search is pretty different.

Yes, it really comes down to personal preference.

For me: I use Threadloom search when I'm looking for general topics, like "grazing frame seeds"

... but when I'm looking for a word in a thread title, in a specific section, by a specific member-name, I'll use the xenforo search.

So, I'd suggest playing with both and see which one returns results that best match what you're looking for :)

Back
Top Bottom