Xray of my hen's internals...proof chickens will eat ANYthing!

Quote:
Well but of course you did!!! You're a chicken person. Could you honestly do anything less? Poohoo to the non-chicken people who DON'T understand this. We here at BYC, will always understand why you did!
hugs.gif
What a charming picture of Sunshine in the front seat. She looked completely at home to me!
big_smile.png

gig.gif
Cetawin ... this is sooo true ... but he WAS proud to find something for his girls!
hmm.png
now if they could just be more discerning ...

hu.gif
and yeah, Serrin, what else could I do?! The poor thing was straining for every breath and all she wanted to do was sit on my lap, the poor thing new something was wrong.
sad.png
And yes... she was quite the good chicken in the car and she was a hit at the vet's office. I dare say where I live, she was an unusual sight! All I can say is, no one paid any attention to the dogs and cats sitting in the waiting room, they all wanted to see my little Sunshine
smile.png

Wow, that's amazing! My girls have never eaten screws (that I know of), but one of my girls ate BOTH of my pearl stud earrings out of my ear! She was on my lap and pecked at my ear and took the stud with her! I was worried about her, but it has been about a month ago and she's totally fine so I guess she passed them!

I totally understand why you took her to the vet. I had a sick pullet a few months ago and had called the vet and was about to take her in, but she ended up passing in my arms before I could get her to the vet's office
sad.png
I love my girls so much, I'd probably move heaven and earth for them if I had to! Almost everyone I know thinks I'm crazy, but my girls make me so happy! If they raised chicks they'd fall in love too
smile.png

So sorry for your loss of Sunshine. She was beautiful!

I bet mine are full of bullet casings. The previous owner sat on the deck and shot at a particular oak tree about a hundred feet away and I'm told he also shot at the crows. Bullet casings of all types are everywhere, even after 8 years of picking up stuff here.

Awww Tamtam ... I agree .... I really would do anything for my hens. They bring me so much joy. There isn't a day goes by that they don't make me laugh.

And Speckled Hen ... re the bullet casings:
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
it may not be good for them, but I wasn't expecting to hear it, so it made me laugh outloud here at an airport.

Hens4Fun - I know all about them being a hit at the vet... I took my baby boy to the vet for his health certificate when we moved from Oregon to Kentucky... he scared the snot out of a rat terrier and a wolfhound...

here ya go for a laugh...I got pics too

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=311816

This vet was accustomed to seeing cats and dogs only but agreed to see my chickens and ducks, LOL

Back
Top Bottom