YAAAYY!! My Ameracauna egg is jumping and cheeping...

Farm Frenzy

Songster
12 Years
Dec 16, 2008
Oak Hill, Florida
I was sitting at my computer on BYC...of course, and I heard a faint chirping. I looked around and thought it was the birds outside. then I heard it again. It's day 19, but I didn't think I would be hearing it already. My temps did jump a little bit to the hot side this hatch, because of the heater in my house. WHO CARES...I hear chirping!!!! I took my little flash light I use for candling, and looked into the incubator, and the egg started rockin and rollin. I can't wait until my little baby comes out. I know, I know, no opening the bator, I know the rules. I have never incubated Ameracaunas before, only Silkie's, so this should be so fun. I can't wait. Wish me luck!!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
We have pipping!!! There is a hole just big enough for the little beak to stick out!!! God this never gets old, every time I hatch it's just as exciting as the first time...wish I could say the same thing about marriage!! I'll keep everyone updated and will post pics as soon as the little guy comes out.
ya.gif

WELL...she's here!!! It took maybe 5 minutes, by far the fastest hatcher I've ever encountered. She's a champ that's for sure, but definitely not what I expected. She's a mutt, half ameracauna, half Barred Rock. She looks albino, what do you guys think?
animals016.jpg

animals017.jpg

animals018.jpg

Sorry about the bad pictures, photography is not my thing.

That dark brown looking...I don't know the fancy name for her color, I know I got her from McMurray hatchery, so she is an EE, right? I was at least expecting a little chipmunk looking thing to come popping out. I was completely taken off guard with the whole white thing. but thanks, she is sooooo cute...I LOVE HER!!!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom