YAAAYY!! My Ameracauna egg is jumping and cheeping...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Farm Frenzy, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Farm Frenzy

Farm Frenzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Oak Hill, Florida
    I was sitting at my computer on BYC...of course, and I heard a faint chirping. I looked around and thought it was the birds outside. then I heard it again. It's day 19, but I didn't think I would be hearing it already. My temps did jump a little bit to the hot side this hatch, because of the heater in my house. WHO CARES...I hear chirping!!!! I took my little flash light I use for candling, and looked into the incubator, and the egg started rockin and rollin. I can't wait until my little baby comes out. I know, I know, no opening the bator, I know the rules. I have never incubated Ameracaunas before, only Silkie's, so this should be so fun. I can't wait. Wish me luck!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  2. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    got to see pic's when it gets here and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

3. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Congrats! and good luck! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Farm Frenzy

Dec 16, 2008
    Oak Hill, Florida
    We have pipping!!! There is a hole just big enough for the little beak to stick out!!! God this never gets old, every time I hatch it's just as exciting as the first time...wish I could say the same thing about marriage!! I'll keep everyone updated and will post pics as soon as the little guy comes out.[​IMG]

5. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    WooHoo!! Come on little chickies! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. texas_chick

texas_chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    Texas
    I had to subscribe to this post as well - hoping to see baby pics soon!

7. Farm Frenzy

Dec 16, 2008
    Oak Hill, Florida
    WELL...she's here!!! It took maybe 5 minutes, by far the fastest hatcher I've ever encountered. She's a champ that's for sure, but definitely not what I expected. She's a mutt, half ameracauna, half Barred Rock. She looks albino, what do you guys think?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry about the bad pictures, photography is not my thing.

8. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

She's adorable! She's not albino, but she will probably feather in light. What color was the Ameraucana parent?

9. Farm Frenzy

Dec 16, 2008
    Oak Hill, Florida
    That dark brown looking...I don't know the fancy name for her color, I know I got her from McMurray hatchery, so she is an EE, right? I was at least expecting a little chipmunk looking thing to come popping out. I was completely taken off guard with the whole white thing. but thanks, she is sooooo cute...I LOVE HER!!![​IMG]

10. texas_chick

texas_chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    Texas
    She's beautiful! Can't wait to see what she looks like dry and fluffy! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by