Yankees fabric hard to find???.

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
I searched El Paso and Las Cruces today for a little bit of NY Yankees fabric for an apron someone wants. I don't need a lot, just enough for a couple of pockets and decoration. All I could find was fleece, no cotton or mix fabric. I checked: Wal Mart, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Joannes Fabrics, the Bernina store, the Organ Mountain Quilters shop, I even looked in K-Mart! Can anyone tell me where to buy it that doesn't cost a fortune? I found a piece that was 13 x 17 inches on Ebay for $15.00!

Would someone be willing to sell me a FQ size piece of Yankees fabric?

Let me know, if it's not too horrible I can do it. To me the Yankees are just another group of players on the field, I enjoy baseball,, had a few relatives play pro ball, but I just don't get this maniacal behavior associated with the Yankees!

Quote:
Any of the fabrics like that have a copy right and they are expensive. One of the reason many stores do not carry them.

If Joanne's doesn't have it they can order it for you. We're Dolphin football fans and have to special order fabric or get stuff sent up from Florida
smile.png

If Coyote can't get it for you I can hunt around. Everyone in CT is either a Yankees or a Red Sox fan because we are right in between both teams so we'll probably have it.

Quote:
Any of the fabrics like that have a copy right and they are expensive. One of the reason many stores do not carry them.

That is true too. Another reason why is that unless they are a popular team in the area the store usually gets stuck with the rest of the bolts after the people buy the 1 yard they want. Around Christmas every year in Joann's I see it.

I just couldn't get over the many Yankees patterns in HUGE bolts of fleece,, expensive,, but so much of it. Then not a drop of non-fleece to be found. If it comes down to it I'm just going to tell them I can't make the apron with Yankees pockets,, it's not worth the cost and locating of it.

Back
Top Bottom